News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Recruiting writers for new interactive story

Started by DonaCatalina, February 25, 2009, 09:13:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tremayne

Good! You've taken another potential item off my long list of things to do this weekend  :D

Have a great time at faire!
I am but mad north-northwest; when the wind is southerly, I know a hawk from a handsaw. --Shakespeare via Hamlet.

Lady Amy of York

Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Tremayne

My imagination seems to be at a low ebb but I'm going to try to get something up tomorrow--however slight--so we can move on.

Okay, so it was so slight I managed to get it up tonight.  ;D
I am but mad north-northwest; when the wind is southerly, I know a hawk from a handsaw. --Shakespeare via Hamlet.

DonaCatalina

Still, at last Rob got a speaking part.  ;)
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Lady Amy of York

I  did a little  bit of writing.   I  tried  to  show the readers  abit of  Daniel's  and  Robert's  personality, and perhaps  a little bit of  the  relationship  that they  and  Lucinda  had  together   growing  up.
I also added  a bit of  excitement, along their  journey   ! Perhaps   whoever  hired   Miles  and his  men  in  the  first place  to kidnap  Lucinda  , has hired  more  men  to  stop  Daniel  and  Miles  ffrom  finding  him.  Just  a thought  !
   Have  a  great weekend  everyone  !  Happy  Memorial  day  ! :)

DonaCatalina

How would they know that Miles had gone over? All his fellow outlaws are dead or with them?
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Lady Amy of York

Quote from: DonaCatalina on May 24, 2009, 08:50:46 AM
How would they know that Miles had gone over? All his fellow outlaws are dead or with them?

Good  point  !  That is  true.    Well, toss that idea  out the  window ! :) 
         So i guess  then that  they were ambushed  by a bunch of  petty  thieves .

Then again,  one possibility  could  be   that unbeknown to  everyone,  that  someone  at   the  monastery  is in cahoots    with  the   man  who hired  Miles gang  to  do  the  kidnapping.

Another thought is  that maybe  Miles  and his gang  were suppose  to deliver  Lucinda  to  the  man  who hired  them  to kidnap her  and  when Miles  and  his  crew  did not show up, he (  the guy who hired  them ) figured   they ratted him out  and  sent  men after  them.

Lady Amy of York

Okay, I added  a few lines to what i wrote  to  explain    why  they  got  ambushed  and  who  the  ambushers  were.   
  Also showed how  much Daniel cares  for  his  brother and  sister  and that he is  committed  to protecting  them, cause they are  the  only family  he  has left. :)

Tremayne

Well, fellow writers, I find myself now in the same situation as Christina. My job does not appear as secure as I'd hoped and I need to look for a second one or a replacement. So life is getting complicated and it's hard to find the time to write or truly turn my mind creative endeavors. The practical aspects of life reign for now. Carry on and enjoy. When I'm feeling settled and ready to indulge my imagination again, I'll stop by and ask when it's best to step in.

Happy writing!
Tremayne

Lady Amy of York

You wiil be  missed  my  friend.   Good  luck with  the  job  hunting. 

DonaCatalina

Quote from: Tremayne on May 31, 2009, 02:17:28 PM
Well, fellow writers, I find myself now in the same situation as Christina. My job does not appear as secure as I'd hoped and I need to look for a second one or a replacement. So life is getting complicated and it's hard to find the time to write or truly turn my mind creative endeavors. The practical aspects of life reign for now. Carry on and enjoy. When I'm feeling settled and ready to indulge my imagination again, I'll stop by and ask when it's best to step in.

Happy writing!
Tremayne

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. I hope you don't join the 15.7 million jobless people. You are welcome to jump back in at anytime. You know that I enjoyed your work. Best of luck with your job.

But as an aside, I guess we can also open this story to anyone who wants to join. The guidelines are not very extensive.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

DonaCatalina

My creative flow is at low ebb. I don't think I'll be writing for awhile.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Lady Amy of York

no problem. when you are ready to write again, let me  know. :)