News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Meet and Greet, Anyone???

Started by Stalkwell, February 25, 2009, 10:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stalkwell

Since it seems a lot of us will be there on opening weekend/opening day, when would be a good time to 'flock'?  I smell a photo op for opening day ;)   We will have both Musketeers and RF.com invading at the same time.

I have e-'d Kristin for the schedule (I don't want to step on any of the events if possible).  As of now I think that right after opening day/opening gate we could get together and pick a time for a meet and greet, and maybe group shots, if the light is good  ;D

Suggestions?

Stalk Well...
Enthralled with the Faeriebox...

DonaCatalina

Sir Richard Bear suggested:
"How about right after parade at the covered area acoss from the SWORD & MUSKET TAVERN"

He probably knows the grounds as well as any of us, certainly better than I do.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

SirRichardBear

The Joust is right after the parade but you can see it from the covered area.  This is the first year in a while that RL has keep me from voluneering to work the grounds.  So I have no first hand knowledge of what changes they have made.  I know at least two new buildings have gone up.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

Stalkwell

Dustin just mailed me the schedule for opening weekend... this is subject to change after opening weekend, but I'm sure the major events will stay in the same slots:

10:00      Opening/Main Gate                Welcome to Four Winds Faire!
11:00      Cossack Camp                      Weapons Demonstration
11:00      Village Green                        Court Dancing Lessons
12:00      Royal Chess Board                 Royal Court Audience
12:45      Grand Parade to the Joust
  1:00      Joust Field                          Royal Joust
  2:00      Joust Field                          Knighting Ceremony for Children
  3:00      Village Green                       Court Dancing
  3:15      Cossack Camp                     Weapons Demonstration
  4:00      Musketeer Training Field        Musketeer Sword Demonstration
  5:00      Joust Field                          Royal Joust
  5:30      Joust Field                          Knighting Ceremony for Children
  5:30      Cossack Camp                     Weapons Demonstration
  6:55      Main Gate                           Closing Gate Song & Last Huzzah!
  7:00                                                     Closing Cannon

That should give us a clue where the gaps are...

Stalk Well...

eloquentXI

I think a Meet 'n Greet would be great! I'm unfamiliar as to the grounds though as this will be my first time at Four Winds but once a place has been decided, I know that Ottheinrich will make sure my crew and I are in the right place at the right time!

Right after Opening Gate would be nice but I'm fine with anything.
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

knarlyknot

Stalkwell

It looks like most of the herd will be at opening gate.  What do you think about picking a when/where after opening ceremonies? 

Consider:

1)  Best light will be early morning under the trees to the east of the front gate (by the Kozak's encampment).

2)  There's always the down time before parade (in other words, LUNCH TIME  ;) ) that we can congregate around the concession stand or the pavillion next to it.

3)  After the joust, there is a bit of slack time as well, but somewhere in there will be shows by Dream Harem at the belly dance stage that you don't want to miss.  I'll try to contact them for show times the night before.

If there are any of you working that day, give us a heads up as to where you're at and we'll make sure you're kept in the loop.

Stalk Well...

knarlyknot

I'll be working that day in the usual spot by the maypole

SirRichardBear

You will find me were ever the queen and royal court is.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

Nicolas-Antoine

Quote from: eloquentXI on February 25, 2009, 03:15:28 PM
I think a Meet 'n Greet would be great! I'm unfamiliar as to the grounds though as this will be my first time at Four Winds but once a place has been decided, I know that Ottheinrich will make sure my crew and I are in the right place at the right time!

So I hear we're going to be carpool buddies...  just keep it quiet cuz I'll be sleeping! I need my rest!

Craigmeister

I'll be driving there from Oklahoma on Saturday.  I doubt I can get to the faire before 3 or 4 o'clock.  Will there be a meet & greet on Sunday as well?  I don't have garb but I'll be wearing a white "Fort Worth Zoo" ball cap & a green coat if it's cool.  I'll probably be hanging out w/ Leghorn the Piper a lot.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

LadyElizabeth

Timing wise, I think after the first joust would be good.  I am usually with the Queen for most of the day doing all the royal stuff, so I won't be available at all times.  But please do wait to let me join!!
Queen Elizabeth the 1st
Champagne the Bubbly
Bubbles the Fairy
Frost the Arctic Barbarian
Red the pirate

eloquentXI

Quote from: Nicolas-Antoine on February 25, 2009, 09:54:47 PM
Quote from: eloquentXI on February 25, 2009, 03:15:28 PM

So I hear we're going to be carpool buddies...  just keep it quiet cuz I'll be sleeping! I need my rest!

You're going to be riding with three girls so we'll see. And I haven't seen you in months, I want to catch up! No sleep for you!!  ;D
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

queeneleanore

Quote from: Stalkwell on February 25, 2009, 10:47:44 AM
Since it seems a lot of us will be there on opening weekend/opening day, when would be a good time to 'flock'?  I smell a photo op for opening day ;)   We will have both Musketeers and RF.com invading at the same time.

I have e-'d Kristin for the schedule (I don't want to step on any of the events if possible).  As of now I think that right after opening day/opening gate we could get together and pick a time for a meet and greet, and maybe group shots, if the light is good  ;D

Suggestions?

Stalk Well...

This sounds like a wonderful idea!  I will also be in attendance Saturday and look forward to seeing you all again. :-)

~Eleanore
Queen of Portugal, 1518–1521
Queen of France, 1530-1547

queeneleanore

Quote from: DonaCatalina on February 25, 2009, 11:48:55 AM
Sir Richard Bear suggested:
"How about right after parade at the covered area acoss from the SWORD & MUSKET TAVERN"

He probably knows the grounds as well as any of us, certainly better than I do.

This is a very nice spot to meet and centrally located.

~Eleanore
Queen of Portugal, 1518–1521
Queen of France, 1530-1547