News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Meet and Greet, Anyone???

Started by Stalkwell, February 25, 2009, 10:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

queeneleanore

Quote from: Stalkwell on February 25, 2009, 06:07:42 PM
It looks like most of the herd will be at opening gate.  What do you think about picking a when/where after opening ceremonies? 

Consider:

1)  Best light will be early morning under the trees to the east of the front gate (by the Kozak's encampment).

2)  There's always the down time before parade (in other words, LUNCH TIME  ;) ) that we can congregate around the concession stand or the pavillion next to it.

3)  After the joust, there is a bit of slack time as well, but somewhere in there will be shows by Dream Harem at the belly dance stage that you don't want to miss.  I'll try to contact them for show times the night before.

If there are any of you working that day, give us a heads up as to where you're at and we'll make sure you're kept in the loop.

Stalk Well...

The trees provide a goodly amount of shade and would make a lovely background for a picture. And I'm definitely looking forward to watching the belly dance show this year as last year I was so busy I didn't get to see it.

~Eleanore
Queen of Portugal, 1518–1521
Queen of France, 1530-1547

DonaCatalina

Somebody find me Saturday morning and fill me in. We intend on being there early.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

LadyElizabeth

Can't promise I'll be there perfectly at opening.  My garb takes an eternity and it's been a few months so it will actually take a bit longer... not in the rhythm of things ya know?  But I do want to be in on the pics and we really should be there not long after opening.
Queen Elizabeth the 1st
Champagne the Bubbly
Bubbles the Fairy
Frost the Arctic Barbarian
Red the pirate

SirRichardBear

Same here only its the drive from Plano that will be the issue.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

Nicolas-Antoine

Quote from: eloquentXI on February 26, 2009, 01:24:49 PM
Quote from: Nicolas-Antoine on February 25, 2009, 09:54:47 PM
Quote from: eloquentXI on February 25, 2009, 03:15:28 PM
I think a Meet 'n Greet would be great! I'm unfamiliar as to the grounds though as this will be my first time at Four Winds but once a place has been decided, I know that Ottheinrich will make sure my crew and I are in the right place at the right time!

Right after Opening Gate would be nice but I'm fine with anything.

So I hear we're going to be carpool buddies...  just keep it quiet cuz I'll be sleeping! I need my rest!

You're going to be riding with three girls so we'll see. And I haven't seen you in months, I want to catch up! No sleep for you!!  ;D

Three girls now? Jason told me two. Is there another girl now or are you just calling Jason a girl -  :P.  Where we gonna put all our junk!

eloquentXI

My room mate doesn't know yet if she wants to go soo...it might be just two, it might be three.

We'll make it all fit, dangnubbit! Have some faith, Nic!
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Dracconia

Ok so where is the official meet and greet?

I wanna be there...but if I am not

Come to the Misty Mourning tents....they are at the top of the hill two tents....bright blue flag pole bearing a pirate flag...ask for Dracconia...:D I can't wait to meet you guys...oh and PICTURESSSSS! This goes for anyone any weekend! If I am not at the tent...I will be back soon!
PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake

Stalkwell

Quote from: Craigmeister
I'll be driving there from Oklahoma on Saturday.  I doubt I can get to the faire before 3 or 4 o'clock.  Will there be a meet & greet on Sunday as well?  I don't have garb but I'll be wearing a white "Fort Worth Zoo" ball cap & a green coat if it's cool.

I'm sure that a lot of us will be there on Sunday as well.  Front gate after opening, or around noon at the concession stand is where my lovely wife and I will be.  The faire is sized such that you can see most everyone from the top of the hill.

It's a pretty good bet that there will be cameras around on Sunday, too  ::)  I understand that eloquentXI is pretty good with pixels and film.

Stalk Well...
Enthralled with the Faeriebox...

Stalkwell

It looks like we meet at the front gate and decide from there.  There have been a few good suggestions made for the 'where', and it looks like a few of us will be a bit later than opening... I would think we hold off on the photo op until everyone has 'checked in', but we can pick a when and where and let the later ones know.  It's not like we don't have the whole day/weekend to do this  ;D

I'm hittin' the bricks in a few minutes...  see ya at front gate.

Stalk Well...
Enthralled with the Faeriebox...

eloquentXI

I'll be looking for you and your lovely wife, my friend!

We'll be heading out super early tomorrow so I look forward to seeing everyone when we get there!

Craigmeister

Quote from: Stalkwell on February 27, 2009, 09:47:26 AM
Quote from: Craigmeister
I'll be driving there from Oklahoma on Saturday.  I doubt I can get to the faire before 3 or 4 o'clock.  Will there be a meet & greet on Sunday as well?  I don't have garb but I'll be wearing a white "Fort Worth Zoo" ball cap & a green coat if it's cool.

I'm sure that a lot of us will be there on Sunday as well.  Front gate after opening, or around noon at the concession stand is where my lovely wife and I will be.  The faire is sized such that you can see most everyone from the top of the hill.

It's a pretty good bet that there will be cameras around on Sunday, too  ::)  I understand that eloquentXI is pretty good with pixels and film.

Stalk Well...

Huzzah!  I will be on the lookout at those 2 places.  Godspeed.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Al-Nimer

So is there going to be a meet and greet next weekend (Mar 14-15) as well?  I won't make it by opening gate Sat, but maybe by 10:30 or 11.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters

LadyElizabeth

I have to work next weekend, so I won't be there.
Queen Elizabeth the 1st
Champagne the Bubbly
Bubbles the Fairy
Frost the Arctic Barbarian
Red the pirate

eloquentXI

My plans for maybe coming out the second weekend of my Spring Break (21-22) won't be happening as I was taken to the ER on Monday morning and found out that I have gall stones, so I'm having my gall bladder removed Thursday morning. It's a 7-10 day recovery time so I'm going back to my parents place to rest and recover. Sorry all! I'll see everyone out at Scarby! :D

Dracconia

Im so sorry sweety! I wish you were coming out, and in good health...but I am glad you are getting yourself all better!
PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake