News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Internship

Started by Dev, February 25, 2009, 11:26:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dev

I found out about a summer internship I can do at a historical battlefield near my town.  It's 10 weeks long, $225 a week, and I can possibly be a reenactor for their program concerning the French and Indian War.

Pros: something new and different, reenacting, I love that time period, reenacting gear is provided, the money is way more than I make at my job now, I'm not stuck long-term

Cons: very little time off, high mid-summer + wool = self-explanatory, I may have to go on leave from my part-time job

I'm 50-50 in my decision...

jcbanner

I'd do it!  paid to be in character and outfits provided? I'd do it in a heart beat if there where more opportunities closer to me.

I'm assuming its a mostly full week gig?

Tammy

There would be NO hesitation from me either!! I'd do anything to be able to be a reenactor!! To actually get to LIVE history is my dream!
Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

Welsh Wench

Reading history is one thing.
Living it is another.

GO FOR IT!
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Lady Renee Buchanan

Our youngest son was a Civil War re-enactor for the Leadmine Regiment (Galena, IL) for 2 summers.  He loved it.  Yes, it was in the 90's, and he wore wool and flannel, but the leaders stressed the importance of drinking lots of water and made sure the younger ones did this.  He participated in battles, camp life, and learned a lot from it.  It was all voluntary, didn't get paid a cent, but he wouldn't have traded it for the world.

It will be a memory you can always carry with you.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich