News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Countdown to NCRF

Started by Hibernian, February 26, 2009, 11:18:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Caleb

Saturday - 40% chance of rain during the day, 60% in the evening. Sunday - 20% during the day, 10% in the evening. It seems it always rains at NCRF. It always does at some point. I'll cross my fingers and hope that it doesn't rain too much, just enough to keep it cool. 'Tis better than the sweltering heat I usually encounter at GARF! I'm very much looking forward  to NCRF...two days away! Of course Lord Caleb of Guilford shall be there!
Home Festival: Carolina Renaissance Festival
Name: Josh aka Lord Caleb of Guilford

Pinn

Lord C are you coming to my house then??
I.P.B.
IWG# 3681
Ette
ROL #101
FOKTOP

Lord Caleb

Of course! As though I'd miss a chance to visit the Guinness 'Fridge...and three silver pins!

Hibernian

Sad to say I will not be able to attend NCRF this year.  :'(

The boyo, the tallest Leapus of the Clan, is deep into his Eagle Project for Scouts and we need the weekends to finish things up. Faire will come again next year but the opportunity to be an Eagle Scout comes once in a lifetime.

So raise a pint for the good friar and look for me at the Loch Norman Highland Games after Easter and at TNRF the first weekend of May.
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

Femme Falchion

Oh, I am disappointed!   :'(
Domina Virago
Grand Mistress of the Order of the Hatchet
Mother Confessor
Sister of the Spring Fires

Lord Caleb

While the Cheekton is away, the Mouse'n will...keep drinkin' Guinness, one of which shall be in honor of the good friar!

Malkavian

So...going to faire in the rain? What's that like? ;)

Hibernian

Quote from: Malkavian on March 27, 2009, 06:03:31 AM
So...going to faire in the rain? What's that like? ;)

Wet (sorry couldn't resist)

Life goes on, a good cloak comes in handy.
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

Lord Caleb

When you're inside the pub (beer tent!) it doesn't matter anyway! Stay dry, get sauced, and listen to drinkin' and sea-farin' songs! That reminds me, one of the entertainers at the pub is Drinkin' M'Crack!

Malkavian

Quote from: Hibernian on March 27, 2009, 06:41:32 AM

Wet (sorry couldn't resist)

Ah, the jester-monk, such a rare beastie. ;D

Malkavian

In the immortal words of Mario...

OFF WE GO!

celduin

Quote from: Lord Caleb of Guilford on March 26, 2009, 08:02:09 AM
Saturday - 40% chance of rain during the day, 60% in the evening. Sunday - 20% during the day, 10% in the evening. It seems it always rains at NCRF. It always does at some point. I'll cross my fingers and hope that it doesn't rain too much, just enough to keep it cool. 'Tis better than the sweltering heat I usually encounter at GARF! I'm very much looking forward  to NCRF...two days away! Of course Lord Caleb of Guilford shall be there!

I look forward to hearing initial reports of what the new grounds are like!  Especially after a good soaking rain!
Huzzah!

Nailin

It was awesome launch opening on saturday yea some places were muddy, cars got stuck yet
seriously that's the only complaint anyone can make - it's gorgeous views, paved so you could aviod mud,
rolling hills of grass, cast has a great green room with lots of room, the pub looked awesome,
our visiting royals/court was fastastic and cast did an amazing job! we have a pirate ship, a fairy court, and the
washer wenches have a site with tent too - i do hope someone takes pictures to share, words don't do it justice
; it's going to be great weather this weekend so please come out if your in the area it's worth the drive!
Chieftess Nailin'
Irish Penny Brigade
Daddy's Princess
IWG # 3894

celduin

Quote from: Nailin on March 30, 2009, 11:13:27 PM
It was awesome launch opening on saturday yea some places were muddy, cars got stuck yet
seriously that's the only complaint anyone can make - it's gorgeous views, paved so you could aviod mud,
rolling hills of grass, cast has a great green room with lots of room, the pub looked awesome,
our visiting royals/court was fastastic and cast did an amazing job! we have a pirate ship, a fairy court, and the
washer wenches have a site with tent too - i do hope someone takes pictures to share, words don't do it justice
; it's going to be great weather this weekend so please come out if your in the area it's worth the drive!

I could kick myself for wimping out last weekend, but I'm eager to go this weekend! Huzzah!
Huzzah!

Femme Falchion

Nailin....I couldn't agree with you more.  ;D ;D NCRF's new location is lovely....lots of space, beautiful huge trees, friendly folks everywhere.  The parking lot was soft and muddy but staff were very helpful to direct cars to the driest spots.  Love the overall feel and I totally look forward to watching how the location continues to unfold over time.  My only regret is that I didn't think to use sunscreen on myself or the kids.....we all went home with some funny "tan lines".   ;) :D

Looking forward to a return visit next weekend!

Oh, and the selections from Redstone Meadery totally ROCK....and the pub so expertly run by obvious professionals....  ;) ;D
Domina Virago
Grand Mistress of the Order of the Hatchet
Mother Confessor
Sister of the Spring Fires