News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Midwest Renaissance Festival, Omaha, Ne

Started by Emerald Shaunassey, February 27, 2009, 10:22:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emerald Shaunassey

I know, I know it's a bit early to be putting this out but, well, I have the time and the energy to do so now.  So why not?  For those of you who weren't able to come out last year, you missed one fine festival.  Talk about fun times with family and friends - that is exactly what was to be had at the Midwest Renaissance Festival.

This year should be even better, building upon the friendships and camaraderie and going ever upwards.  I for one cannot wait to get back to Omaha, Ne!

Mark your calendars now for May 16, 17, 23-25 and come out to Scary Acres and enjoy this festival!  I'll even save you a seat at a Kiss show!

Tell your friends, tell your neighbors ... tell everyone and then, bring them out to faire!

http://www.midwestrenfest.com/

Looking forward to May,
Emerald
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Doc Tyma

Looking forward to it ... so many options this summer, what is a wandering soul to do???
--
Doc Tyma (but Adam is fine, too ;-)
Devious little wandering professor of symbols and signs

Emerald Shaunassey

Quote from: Doc Tyma on February 27, 2009, 11:33:01 AM
Looking forward to it ... so many options this summer, what is a wandering soul to do???

Why Doc, that wandering soul should see as many faires as possible - going from faire to faire to faire.  Being free as ... as.. a gypsy.  Tee hee!

In sooth, I do hope that your wanderings find you at MRF; it truly is a fine place to be.

Fair Winds,
Emerald
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Doc Tyma

As I am living in Omaha, I will be there for sure.  As I am carpatho-rus, the wanderlust is part of my soul!
--

Celtic Lady

I believe that Sir Morgan and I will be making it one of those days. We are trying to make a few faires this year.... nearby ones that is.

Emerald Shaunassey

Bumping the thread since the faire is next month!   ;D

Celtic Lady

Holy moly :o ! Time is really flying. Sir Morgan and I are still hoping to be there one of those weekends.... more than likely the second one for one of the days.

Knitting_Dragon

Oh dear lord it is cumming soon. *digs through garb closet* "Which one???"
"It's only natural. Even if they aren't alive, you are. You care because you're alive--because you have a heart.""

Marcus of Ibelin

We'll be there one weekend for sure, most likely the first.
Be without Fear in the face of Your Enemy
Be Brave and Upright
Speak Truth
Safeguard the Helpless
That is Your Oath

Doc Tyma

So, I have come across two events being advertised for may.  One is at www.nebfaire.com (may 2 and 3), the other is the MW Ren Fest.  As I am new to the area, I just wanted to be sure that I had the right information.  Thank you!

Doc
--

Knitting_Dragon

Yup, two different events. Makes it nice. Though some prefer one over the other. The only thing that I will say is that the one at Bellevue Berry Farm has nice wooded areas compared to the Faire at Scary Acres.
"It's only natural. Even if they aren't alive, you are. You care because you're alive--because you have a heart.""

Marcus of Ibelin

However if it rains...... :o  The Berry Farm becomes one big mud pit.

Longs for the good old days at Iowa Western.
Be without Fear in the face of Your Enemy
Be Brave and Upright
Speak Truth
Safeguard the Helpless
That is Your Oath

jeremiah sullivan

DOC..................The midwest ren faire is the ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great food, vendors and acts. you can't go wrong. I know because I'am one of the producers.
                                Thanks JEREMIAH

jeremiah sullivan

JUST PLANTED 36 NEW TREES, FROM 12 FT. TO 25FT. MY HAVE SOME SHADE THIS. next year there will be Shade!!!!!!!!!!
                                Jeremiah

Bev the Bossy

The Midwest Ren Faire hasn't taken place yet in 2009. It's May 16-17 and again Memorial Day weekend..May 23-25.  ;)

Perhaps there will be photos then. ;D
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." M. Gandhi