News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Midwest Renaissance Festival, Omaha, Ne

Started by Emerald Shaunassey, February 27, 2009, 10:22:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc Tyma

Hello all!

Is there a gathering place for R/F types on the grounds?
--
Doc Tyma (but Adam is fine, too ;-)
Devious little wandering professor of symbols and signs

Celtic Lady

I'm really hoping that Sir Morgan and I will be there on Memorial Day. His job may prevent it though  :(. We'll see what happens when that weekend comes.

Emerald Shaunassey

Quote from: IanRichardSharpe on May 07, 2009, 10:02:30 AM
Has anyone any photos from the weekend?  Please share them!

Ian Richard Sharpe, Royal Tax Collector

Sir Ian et al.,
    If you will navigate to AtTheFaire dot Com and seek out the Nebraska section then to Midwest Ren Fest, you will see some photos from this past weekend.  One more weekend to go ... Memorial Day replete with our Military Monday tributes for all service personnel.

Here's hoping some of you can make it out this weekend.  If you do, stop by any Ladies of the Salty Kiss show and introduce yourself!

Fair Winds (and back to work!)
Emerald
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Rowan MacD

I was just looking at the website.  I looks like the 2010 dates will only be 1 weekend (29-31 memorial day) Is this so?
~Rowen
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Emerald Shaunassey

Rowen,
     This is correct.  In order to help end the confusion of the Festivals Inc faire at Bellevue and those of us at Midwest (DCL Events) and to help conserve finances, Mr. LeSole, the owner has decided to run the 3 day Memorial Day weekend.  Until the economy picks up and folks have more liquid assets to spend, I think it a wonderful thing to reduce to one weekend and build up from there.  I'm so very glad, as one of the stage shows at Midwest, that Mr. LeSole opted to keep the Memorial Day weekend; it is always such a special weekend for my group.

Here's to seeing ya out at the festival next year (and maybe one or two in between then!)

Fair Winds,
Emerald 
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Rowan MacD

Thank You for the update. Of course I will be there next year!  I would have attended more than a single day this season if I hadn't been in Scotland at the time :D
   I think it can only be a good thing for Midwest to scale back to the Memorial Day weekend until the economy picks up.  I would like to see big, multi-weekend  fairs in the Omaha area, but it takes time to build a following and create a family tradition of attending a 'home faire'.  Not too long ago there were NO fairs in Nebraska except the NRF, and that was so tiny as to barely qualify. 
  Give the Omaha Rennies a chance to boost this, spread the word, and give the fair time to acquire a following of loyal fans. Keep the same dates when ever possible, and stay in the same place so people can find you! (very important since word of mouth is still the best way to get new folks in the gates)
   Nebraska and Midwest Fairs can both do well here.  Many people who go to one will also go to the next,  as I always have.

Looking forward to seeing everybody next year!  My Laird and I will be attending the Des Moines Faire this fall, during whichever weekends we don't have a Celtic Game to set up a Clan Davidson tent at.
  If you are in the Omaha Area, check out the live Pipers at the Midwest Celtic Festival 2nd weekend in July

http://www.midlandscelticfestival.com   

~Rowen

IWG wench #3139 

Butch

I really enjoyed the Midwest RF!  Great entertainment (Orckes and Trolls were OUTSTANDING!).  Missing an axe throw, though.  We'll be back next year; it was worth the trip from Kansas City!

Butch

Excuse me, Emerald Shaunassey, but did I catch your show at the Midwest RenFest in Omaha?  Did you have some sort of story time, talking about some sort of badger with opposable thumbs, who stored different things in a box?  Very nice!  I was the sailor with the blue thrum cap!  Are you ladies coming back next year?

Emerald Shaunassey

Quote from: Butch on September 19, 2009, 10:12:09 PM
Excuse me, Emerald Shaunassey, but did I catch your show at the Midwest RenFest in Omaha?  Did you have some sort of story time, talking about some sort of badger with opposable thumbs, who stored different things in a box?  Very nice!  I was the sailor with the blue thrum cap!  Are you ladies coming back next year?

Greetings Butch!
     Indeed, you did catch our new show "The Hedgehog" replete with opposable thumbs and priceless rocks tucked into a box ... and the famous female privateer Captain who finds the booty!   ;)   Thank you most kindly for your praise; I will share it with the crew who are not on these forums.  And I remember you most well sir!  As of this posting, we are indeed returning to Midwest next May for the entire Memorial Day weekend.  Mr. LeSole has thus far been well pleased with our work.

Until next our paths cross, I bid you

Fair Winds and Followin' Seas ...
Captain Emerald

Butch

Well, that is fantastic!  I will be sure to catch you and the rest of your crew at the Faire!

Semper Fi!

Rowan MacD

Well, It's almost time again!   Midwest Ren fest will be at Scary Acres again May 29-31st!  See you all there!
~Rowen MacD
IWG wench #3139 

Doc Tyma

Most Excellent!  Time to start getting my fix!  Any idea on who is going to be performing there?
--
Doc Tyma (but Adam is fine, too ;-)
Devious little wandering professor of symbols and signs

Rowan MacD

Quote from: Doc Tyma on April 22, 2010, 01:10:27 PM
Most Excellent!  Time to start getting my fix!  Any idea on who is going to be performing there?
Excellent question!  I keep checking the site and they haven't added any acts since Joust Evolution. 
  *checked again*  Just says they will be udating the site 2 weeks ago (04/08)
   Likely they will have many of the same acts as Nebraska Ren Fest...Have the Ladies of the Salty Kiss signed on yet?
IWG wench #3139 

Craigmeister

Cap'n Emerald herself told me the other day that they would be there.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Butch

Unfortunately, I will miss the Midwest RenFest this year.  My family and I are going to St Louis that weekend.

I will, however, catch Capt Emerald Shaunassy at the MO RenFest in Joplin.

Hopefully we can make the Omaha, er Midwest RenFest in 2011.