News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Midwest Renaissance Festival, Omaha, Ne

Started by Emerald Shaunassey, February 27, 2009, 10:22:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowan MacD

Quote from: Craigmeister on May 01, 2010, 01:42:54 AM
Cap'n Emerald herself told me the other day that they would be there.
Sweet!  Heard anything else?
Right now, David and I will be attending Sunday and Monday (I may be able to make it part of Saturday, but I am working till noon.)

~Rowen MacD
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Emerald Shaunassey

To All,

The Ladies of the Salty Kiss are in a holding pattern as the Entertainment Director (who is also a fellow performer and stage show owner) states he hasn't gotten the budget go-ahead from the festival owner.  Repeated e-mails, phone calls, and voicemails have been sent to the ED.  I am sincerely hoping that after all the years of TLotSK being at the predecessor faire (the old Council Bluffs, Iowa Faire) and the years we've now put in at Midwest are not all for naught.  I'll be honest in that I've a bad feeling that we've been axed for some ungodly reason.  It surely isn't because we asked for a raise!  We've actually LOWERED our price despite the cost of gas and the 8-9 hour drive (one way).  Say a prayer that we will be brought back .... send the ED an e-mail .... heck, send the owner an e-mail asking that we not be dropped!  "SAVE THE KISSES!!!!"  ....

Umm....

Er.....

Yeah.  Back to your regularly schedule madness. 

Fair Winds
Emerald

Pirates R Cool ....
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Rowan MacD

I see they have finally updated the site!  Listings for vendors and entertainment are now up.
I should email the powers that be and see if they need volunteers.  I will be in between classes and only working 1/2 day Saturday at my mundane job so I can help set up or what not.  I've never gotten a free ticket for helping so I don't expect one.
  I will be agitating to  'SAVE THE KISSES'!
  Hugs ladies!

~Rowen
IWG wench #3139 

Little Beard

Ahh...Emerald, by no means does it mean you've been axed...we all love the Kiss up here. Trust me I am doing all I can to fix budget issues and I don't want to say "no" or make false promisses thats why I am still working on it. Having done E.D. yourself I'm sure you relise some of the challanges involved. Remember I'm the guy who talked them into having TLOTSK the first year of Midwest. It's not an issue of not having the budget (totally) it's an issue of making the budget work for the amount and type of acts needed. For example so many music acts, dancers, comedy and fighting, I can't hire anymore fighting and comedy until I know how much dancers will cost and so on...that's the holding pattern we are stuck in and its a hard pattern when there is a limited budget involved. I do understand you have been patiently waiting...trust me I've been in that boat with my show...and I appreciate that since I am the guy who has been waiting on others to get me info. Hope to see you soon, Memorial day wouldn't be that without the Kiss leading the charge.

Butch

Oh, man, Little Beard!  Glad you found this site!  Really love the Skalawags; glad I bought your CD when you came to the pub sing in KC!  Sorry I'll miss you in Omaha this year; gonna go to St Louis that weekend.

I'm sure I'll catch your crew again!

Rowan MacD

Hi Little Beard!
   Let me know if you need any volunteers from the local area to help out. 
   My laird and I will be attending the Faire anyway (as always) and we are always happy to help with whatever we can do to make sure we keep Renaissance fairs in our area.
   Thanks for the hard work keeping this going!

~Rowen MacD    The LoTSK Rule!

P.S. Do you have flyers out? I have been spreading word, and I already have you listed on In the O (KETV7 site) and Omaha Convention and Visitors Bureau websites.

IWG wench #3139 

Emerald Shaunassey

Rowan - my dear you are too, too, gracious to me and mine, I am blessed to know you through these boards and look forward to the day when I meet you face-to-face. 

Lil' Beard - well do I know the situation you are in.  Just remember that we/me/Kisses are always flexible when it comes to the budget - how well do I understand that the economy is against Festival in general and entertainment budgets for darned sure.  Shoot me a flyer for the festival in email so I can take copies with me this weekend to a performance.  Always glad to spread the word 'bout the festival no matter what comes.

Butch - just an FYI - that would be Scallywags  <wink!>  I see how you are... going to St. Louis instead of up to Omaha .... Making the Kisses wait until what .... July before we see you and yours??  But seriously, enjoy your trip to St. Louis.  This is your first time there, no?  If so, do NOT miss Elvendrums and Corsets and Codpieces (who will be at my festival in July).  Both groups are absolutely wonderful!

Off and running back to the sewing machine!
Emerald
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Butch

Yes, St Louis that weekend.  I am sorry that I will be missing the wonderful stories of the exploits from the Kisses!  Thank GOODNESS I got your CD, so I could refresh my memory!

I really wanted to go back to the MW RenFest, but since it is only one weekend this year, we have opted to travel to St Louis RenFest (for the first time) this year.  I will most certainly be at the MO RenFest in Joplin during the month of July!  I hope that you have a couple of minutes to wave "hello"!  I know you will be busy!

Rowan MacD

Looks like fine weather this coming weekend.  I just got my Pendragon Jewelry flier in the mail *squee* .  Hoping for good crowds!

~Rowen
IWG wench #3139 

Emerald Shaunassey

The countdown to departure time has begun...

-Garb tote packed with 3 days worth of garb ... CHECK
-Garb tote packed in cargo trailer .... CHECK
-Duffle bag packed with mundane clothes ... CHECK
-First Aid kits packed and read to go into vehicle ... CHECK
-New Prop Box Cart switched out with old cart ... CHECK
-New Cart loaded in cargo trailer ... CHECK
-Ice chest pre-loaded with bottles of water and gatorade ... CHECK
-Extra case of water in trailer .... CHECK
-Diamond at my house to hook onto trailer .... Not yet but she'll be here later

Departure time: Friday, 28 May 2010 at 0700 hours.  First stop: Wichita, Ks to pick up Topaz.  Then on to Council Bluffs, Iowa to Amethyst's (that's a toungue twister!) house for the weekend!  Woo Hoo!!!!  I'm looking forward to this weekend.  It MUST be Memorial Day Weekend if I'm headed to Omaha, Ne.  And that means .... the "unofficial" start of SUMMER FAIRE SEASON!!!!

Emerald
Who is *not* the least bit excited to be going to hang out with the cool and sane people known as Rennies.

Brother Gregory

Emerald,

I plan to be at the Faire on Saturday and can't wait to mmet you. I have talked with you on facebook several times and replied to a few of your posts here.

Rowan MacD

Great to see everyone at Midwest again!  The crowds on Sunday were fantastic, as was the weather.
   LoTSK and the Tavern Wenches....FUNNY.  The Joust was great, as usual, and the crowd was enthusiastic.  See everybody again next year!

~Rowen Mac D
IWG wench #3139 

Emerald Shaunassey

Brother Gregory,  I don't recall getting the opportunity to meet you in person on Saturday of festival.  Did you get to come out?  Did I speak with you and have a heat attack on my brain and forget meeting you??? (That sounds like a really bad lead in to a really bad spanish soap opera, "Los Links!")

Rowen - pleasure to see you!  The patrons were out in full force every day and soooo willing to play!  I think this was our best year yet!  I'm looking forward to next year already!  Thank you for your kinds words for my crews antics over the weekend, you are so very kind my dear.

Fair Winds and Followin' Seas to you all!
Emerald