News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Opening Weekend=Amazingness

Started by eloquentXI, March 01, 2009, 08:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eloquentXI

I had soooo much fun on Saturday despite the frigid temperature upon arriving. It only made for everyone finding each other more quickly! :)

It was so good to see everyone and I do apologize to those that I did not say good-bye to! And I was very very happy to see how everyone came together for the group photo later on in the afternoon spontaneously!

I'm going to try, maybe, just maybe, to come out once more before the end of the season. We'll see what the tides bring, or how the money goes rather.

I'll have photos up soon!
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Dracconia

I can't wait for the photos! It really was awesome...I can't wait to see you all again...I really hope you all try and make it out at least once more..when it's warmer!
PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake

Sir Martin

I'm sorry I couldn't make it up there with you guys.  Looking forward to the photos of all the fun!   :)

DonaCatalina

We somehow missed the group photo, but we had a lot of fun!
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Stalkwell

Sorry about that... the herd that congregated at the concession stand tried to let it be known across the faire.  We didn't seem to have much luck caucusing at the sub freezing opening gate.  I think sometimes herding cats is easier than taking a group shot ;) 

I'm working the shot now... we didn't all fit in the shade and that makes it a real pain!  I have to do cut and paste from 2 or 3 frames to fix the blow outs caused by direct sunlight. 

I had no idea there were that many RF'ers there until I did a head count!  There are 28 in the shot, +1 missed (sorry again DonaCatalina), +1 photographing (no big loss there  ::) ).  I'm sure there were others that didn't make it up the hill in time, but thirty is quite a respectable showing.

Stalk Well...
Enthralled with the Faeriebox...

LadyElizabeth

Sunday was actually much nicer out, but it was wonderful to see you all on Saturday.  I wish we could have had more chatting time.  Glad to meet many of you a new and see those that I have met prior.
Queen Elizabeth the 1st
Champagne the Bubbly
Bubbles the Fairy
Frost the Arctic Barbarian
Red the pirate

queeneleanore

We had a fantastic time Saturday, and what fun to see everyone again!  I've missed faire through the cold winter, and I'm glad the season is finally here again.  We didn't get very many photos, but I'll post a link when we upload them.  I look forward to more grand and wonderful company in the coming months! ;-)

~Eleanore
Queen of Portugal, 1518–1521
Queen of France, 1530-1547

Ottheinrich

Ottheinrich

Ottheinrich

Ottheinrich

RenRobin

Great Pictures!  Thanks for sharing.  Lady Elizabeth your white and black dress is gorgeous
Loki-terr (in training)

mieljolie

Yes, thank you for sharing the pics.  The designated photographer in our family was suffering from severe allergies and shurked his duties while there.  So, we don't have any good ones to post.  :)  I mean it.  I have a total of four pics.  And, they are all of him who didn't even dress up!  :P  Grrrr.....  Hehe

We had a lot of fun despite the cold & wind, though.  Hope to make it back for a warmer weekend.
Royal Order of Landsharks - Guppy No. 85

LadyElizabeth

I feel like I barely got to meet any of ya'll that I'd not know previously...  sucky!  Well hopefully I'll get to chat with you, newbie, next time you visit.

We do have quite a few pics, mostly of ourself with friends and such, but we haven't posted them yet.   I'll post a link when I do.
Queen Elizabeth the 1st
Champagne the Bubbly
Bubbles the Fairy
Frost the Arctic Barbarian
Red the pirate

Dracconia

It was great to chat with you and Rumy in the coffee house Lady Elizabeth! Can't wait to see you again :D
PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake