News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

M'Crack Family Invasion 2009

Started by Master James, March 02, 2009, 10:13:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinn

I.P.B.
IWG# 3681
Ette
ROL #101
FOKTOP

~pixie~

whew..at least i'm not the only one!  i feel right at home now.  ;D
~ Pixie ~
the wicked wench
Rose Seller VARF
IWG #785 Local 42 MDRF
aka: Gold'n Penny
Irish Penny Brigade - Clan White

Master James

Get your mind out of the gutter!  You're blocking my snorkel!   ;D
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Pinn

:o ::) there's room enough for all of us in here
I.P.B.
IWG# 3681
Ette
ROL #101
FOKTOP

Feline Groovy

Quote from: PinnMcrack on May 15, 2009, 01:36:09 PM
:o ::) there's room enough for all of us in here

Wow, just how big is that snorkel?!        :o
Where was I going and how do I get there?

Lairde Guardn

FAMILY GATHERING AT VARF - MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND - May 22-23-24

VARF is under a week away and things are looking great for this trip....it will definitely be the largest gathering of the family this year so far with almost 50 members confirmed already and many more still pending last minute updates.   For those that have not made up their mind as to make this trip or not, it is only three and a half hours from the Raleigh area and similar times from most sites in PA and MD or shorter, and tickets for this faire are only $7.00 per day.  Put that with the fact that if you camp at Hunt'ns place, the expenses are pretty low.  This should be a not miss for a lot of you.  I am so looking forward to seeing everyone.........

Also for those in the Raleigh Area.....we have three vans and at least one car leaving this area and have room in all of them so that we can cut down on the expenses by splitting the cost of gas.   Let me know asap if you would like to have one of those spaces.....Two of the vans are planning to leave at noon on Friday.....the other vehicles I am still waiting to hear what time they plan to go.

You can find information on VARF and the address and directions at http://www.varf.org/

One thing you all should know is that Hunt'n M'Crack has offered his house to the members of Clan M'Crack that wish to stay there, there is still some inside room and there is plenty of tent space still available and at least two tents are already going to be there that no one has claimed to use yet, so we do have space.   If your planning to stay we will need to know ASAP.... for those staying there, you should remember to bring your own towels, blankets or sleeping bag, whatever you are planning for drinks, and lawn chairs.   Hunt'n's house is also the site of the Saturday Nite gathering, so we will plan to see most of you out there.   The address is.........

23070 Independence Rd
Unionville, VA 22567

For those who don't have GiPS, I recommend www.map24.com (I like it better than mapquest and randmcnally).

Schedule of Events

Thursday Nite Gathering in Raleigh.....
Pre faire gathering for all those in the Raleigh area going and not going to VARF to get together and kick off the weekend in our special way.
7 PM til
at the Tir Na Nog.

Friday Nite Gathering  7 PM til
Dress is as always for Friday nite, men in kilts, women dressed comfortably....w/ M'Crack T-Shirts and Tams if you have them.   This year we are meeting at
The Colonial Tavern - Irish Brigade
Phone: (540) 373-1313
406 Lafayette Blvd., Fredericksburg, Virginia
http://www.irishbrigadetavern.com/colonial/default.asp

Saturday
Dress for Saturday is M'Crack Colors - Men in Kilts of course (Saffron Preferred)
8 am - Tailgate
9:30 am - All pets and sponsors meet with the Lairde Cheiftain at the Tailgate.
10 am - Official Entry to the Faire as a Clan...with Banners (Cheiftains please make sure that your banner makes it to VARF if at all possible....I can say for sure that O'Morda's Banner will be there)
12 noon - (subject to change as to when we can get the most members of cast available) Clan Picture Place TBD - We just may have to try and pull off another invasion of Court like we did at CRF
3 pm - Chieftian's Toast (pinning of the pets)
8 pm - Gathering at Hunt'ns (More information to be put out at faire on this)

Sunday
Dress for Sunday......is up to you, I know that many of you have other garb than your M'Crack stuff..... it is rumored that the Earl and Countess of Tyrone may make an appearance on that day.
9 am - Tailgate
12 noon - Clan Picture at the Pub
3 pm - Chieftain's Toast

Faire is only open on Saturday and Sunday, it will not be open for Memorial Day, so that we can all take our time driving home.  Or for those that plan to go and gamble, some of us will be heading to Colonial Beach, VA on Sunday nite and going to Dockside for Drinks with Dave and Becky than some time on Monday on the Gambling Riverboat.
Lairde Guard'n
Lairde Highe Chieftain Emeritus
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC
15.8% FaireFolk pure, 84.2% FaireFolk corrupt

Scotsman

Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Pinn

Yea sure it is, we will meet you at the pub.  :D
I.P.B.
IWG# 3681
Ette
ROL #101
FOKTOP

Peddlin

Gettin' closer, by the minute!!!!!!    ;D
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

Dallan

Fight'n

mehan

I don't recall if this has been mentioned before, but VARF (huzzah to them) is waiving entrance fees this weekend for our active, reserve and retired military personnel (with military ID) in honor of thier service.   

Dallan

We've had a slight change in plans. I forgot we bought concert tickets for Friday night and invited friends so our plan is to leave early Saturday morning. I'm hoping to make it for opening gate but if we run late we'll see everyone inside. The weekend looks promising.

Saturday, May 23

High: 82 °F RealFeel®: 83 °F
Partial sunshine with a shower or thunderstorm possible

Sunday, May 24

High: 79 °F RealFeel®: 79 °F
Mostly cloudy with a couple of showers and thunderstorms possible
Fight'n

~pixie~

Glad I'm not the only one.  My plans have changed a bit too.  I can't make it to to the Irish Pub on Friday like I sooo wanted to do.  Gotta make a short road trip to get my little one. She's 7.  She'll be with me this weekend in her fairy garb and is very much looking forward to faire.  Start 'em young, I say! 

I do plan to see you guys at the gate and in the pub!
~ Pixie ~
the wicked wench
Rose Seller VARF
IWG #785 Local 42 MDRF
aka: Gold'n Penny
Irish Penny Brigade - Clan White

Scotsman

I don't know how ... but I survived. You guys may not have noticed but I got WICKED drunk.

James (Tater), thanks to you and your crew for hosting. Awesome, as always!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Hibernian

Quote from: Scotsman on May 26, 2009, 08:28:38 AM
I don't know how ... but I survived. You guys may not have noticed but I got WICKED drunk.

Now there's something new, a M'Crack who may have been drinking.
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"