News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

M'Crack Family Invasion 2009

Started by Master James, March 02, 2009, 10:13:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master James

And video tape it so there is proof!   ;D
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Dallan

I doubt we will make it in time for Friday night but looking forward to the rest of the weekend.
Fight'n

Master James

Well if you can make it my friend it will be fun!  Otherwise we'll see you on Saturday!
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Dallan

Depends on when we can leave and the traffic. You know how 95 from Baltimore to Fredericksburg can be. On a Friday holiday weekend its bound to be even worse.
Fight'n

Master James

Sadly I do my friend.  Well we will be there for a while I'm sure so stop on by when you get in the area.
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Scotsman

Quote from: Dallan on March 12, 2009, 11:01:01 AM
Depends on when we can leave and the traffic. You know how 95 from Baltimore to Fredericksburg can be. On a Friday holiday weekend its bound to be even worse.

I discovered a new route ... a bit longer but faster. Take 3/301 South to Port Royal then cut West to Fredericksburg. Faster than you might think. I will never travel the 95 corridor again! >:(
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Hibernian

Coming into and crossing through Fredricksburg from the east? It was tried a while back.

Better watch out for the cannon fire from Marye's Heights.  ;D
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

Lairde Guardn

I also found that the 301 route works better than 95 on trips north to MD and DC...

I think you will like it a whole lot better....
Lairde Guard'n
Lairde Highe Chieftain Emeritus
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC
15.8% FaireFolk pure, 84.2% FaireFolk corrupt

Dallan

Tim T and Lady Jai have suggested the same. I had them come up 95 this past Labor Day and it took them next to forever. I thought they were going to kill me when they got to our house. Fortunately plenty of chilled adult beverages solved the problem. I've been hesitant because we are pretty far west of 301 but we may have to give it a try.

Hiberian, my friend, sorry we had to cancel our CRF trip. I'm disappointed  I won't see you at VARF or GARF. Looking forward to meeting you in person for Rendezvous.
Fight'n

Hibernian

Looking forward to Labor Day Rendezvous as well. My call schedule has just hit all the holidays since this past Thanksgiving. As they say, if it weren't for bad luck....
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

LadyDracolich

Ok, I'm not sure about 301, but I always go 85 to MD/DC.  But then, I'm coming from Alabama, soo....

Anyway, I'm going to try and make this little trip. :)  Just sort of depends on graduation and possible job situations.  I graduate on May 17th! Woohoo!!!
I don't know what you've heard, none of it is factual, but it's all true.

Femme Falchion

We plan on traveling up from Raleigh to make our first visit to VARF Memorial Day weekend as well.   ;D Won't make it for the Friday night festivities but will be there the rest of the weekend.  Any words of wisdom when attending this faire with young ones (3.5 yrs)?
Domina Virago
Grand Mistress of the Order of the Hatchet
Mother Confessor
Sister of the Spring Fires

lordwriothsley

Femme Falchion I would recommend you take your little ones to our poppets pastime guild area. That area is specifically designated for children of that and any age range to go and play a little bit and also learn about what child life was like back during the reign of Elizabeth. Anyway I do look forward to seeing at VARF this year. If you do happen to see me anywhere in our shire please do stop by and say hello.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Are there going to be rooms at a specific hotel for us? Lairde Guard'n? Any info yet?

Oh yea, go 301, last year there was an accident on 95 and it took me 5 hrs. to get there! Won't do that again. :o
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Femme Falchion

But of course I will seek you out Lord Wriothsley and look forward to meeting again.  I assure you I will be in a better frame of mind for conversation this time!  ::)  And many thanks for the recommendation for my young charges.   :)
Domina Virago
Grand Mistress of the Order of the Hatchet
Mother Confessor
Sister of the Spring Fires