News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

M'Crack Family Invasion 2009

Started by Master James, March 02, 2009, 10:13:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lordwriothsley

Quote from: Femme Falchion on March 18, 2009, 02:09:34 PM
But of course I will seek you out Lord Wriothsley and look forward to meeting again.  I assure you I will be in a better frame of mind for conversation this time!  ::)  And many thanks for the recommendation for my young charges.   :)
No problem the pleasure was all mine.  ;D I as well look forward to meeting you again. I never forget a pretty gal when I see one hence when I have never forgotten about you since CRF m'lady.  :)
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Dallan

Quote from: Femme Falchion on March 18, 2009, 12:56:21 PM
We plan on traveling up from Raleigh to make our first visit to VARF Memorial Day weekend as well.   ;D Won't make it for the Friday night festivities but will be there the rest of the weekend.  Any words of wisdom when attending this faire with young ones (3.5 yrs)?

FF –

Our first trip to VARF was 4 years ago when our youngest, Drew, was 3. You'll find that there a typically some games for the younger ones. There are many things that I love about VARF but the top two are the cast and the faire's intimacy. In the first couple of years before we got to know some of the cast we felt very welcomed and received what I believe to be extra attention due to the fact that the entire family was in garb. I couldn't help but feel like that if Drew wandered off the cast would have spotted him. (BTW – I can't help but to wonder how many of the cast are M'Cracks? Seems like a pretty high percentage.) Because the faire is smaller and set up (more or less) as a figure 8 with much of it in the open it is easy to keep an eye on the kids. And even on its most crowded days it never seems crowded so we never get that fear that we could easily loose a kid as we do at MDRF. I think that you'll fall in love with VARF as we have.

Looking forward to seeing you twice this spring.
Fight'n

Femme Falchion

Dallan....you extolled the many virtues of this faire to us when we met in Raleigh and that is why we're making the trip this year.  :)  I thank thee for the recommendations.   ;D

QuoteI have never forgotten about you since CRF m'lady. 

Gramercy Lord Wriothsley, a woman always wants to be remembered!  ;) ::)
Domina Virago
Grand Mistress of the Order of the Hatchet
Mother Confessor
Sister of the Spring Fires

Master James

Dallan is right that many of the cast are indeed M'Cracks!  We're trying hard to add as many to the clan as we can!  By hook or crook!  ::)  Anyway, we are a small faire but what Dallan says about the intamcy is what drew me into being on cast.  My first year I found them I spent 15 minutes talking to a courtier about the goings on in court as if I was a welcomed friend in their shire rather than just a number.  I decided I wanted to do that too and now I do.  I'm quite sure you will enjoy your trip to our fine shire.  On another note FF, I amshamed to say that I do not know your M'Crack name.  Can you let me know so I can add you to our rolls?
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Dallan

Quote from: Femme Falchion on March 19, 2009, 12:33:24 PM
Dallan....you extolled the many virtues of this faire to us when we met in Raleigh and that is why we're making the trip this year.  :)  I thank thee for the recommendations.   ;D

Master James -

May I inquire as to my commission on FF's family's entrance fees?  ;)
Fight'n

Master James

Quote from: Dallan on March 20, 2009, 01:34:25 PM
Quote from: Femme Falchion on March 19, 2009, 12:33:24 PM

Master James -

May I inquire as to my commission on FF's family's entrance fees?  ;)

Oh I'm sure I can find a Guiness somewhere!   ::)
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Tim T

Femme-

I'll have to agree with my friend Dallan on VARF.  We absolutely fell in love with VARF our first time there.  We feel so comfortable and welcome at that faire that it feels as if it is our home away from home.  Master James and the other staff members do a wonderful job purely for the love of the faire, and it shows.  There's no old world buildings like in MDRF, no splashing fountains like at PARF, and no large jousting field like CRF, but there is NO other faire that I would want more to sit in the pub(a big blue tent) and sing Wild Mountain Thyme or Health to the Company with a mug of cold beer.  Looking forward to seeing ALL of you there. 

I'm really getting 'homesick' now!
Tim
aka Dark'n M'Crack of Clan M'Crack/Clan White

Femme Falchion

Quote from: Master James on March 19, 2009, 03:28:31 PM
On another note FF, I amshamed to say that I do not know your M'Crack name.  Can you let me know so I can add you to our rolls?

Master James.....I am not part of the M'Crack family but an ardent FOCM (although I'm ashamed to say that I lost my FOCM pin somewhere between the pub and the woods in the parking lot at CRF!  ::)).  With family in tow at VARF I shall be much better behaved!  ;)

I do thank you all for your VARF endorsements and certainly look forward to our voyage!  ;)
Domina Virago
Mother Confessor

Master James

Quote from: Femme Falchion on March 23, 2009, 06:29:10 PM
Quote from: Master James on March 19, 2009, 03:28:31 PM
On another note FF, I amshamed to say that I do not know your M'Crack name.  Can you let me know so I can add you to our rolls?

Master James.....I am not part of the M'Crack family but an ardent FOCM (although I'm ashamed to say that I lost my FOCM pin somewhere between the pub and the woods in the parking lot at CRF!  ::)).  With family in tow at VARF I shall be much better behaved!  ;)

I do thank you all for your VARF endorsements and certainly look forward to our voyage!  ;)

Well it sounds like you should change that and become a full member of this wonderful family!  That way you don't need to worry about a FOCM pin!  LOL   ;D
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
FoMDRF
RFC #51

lordwriothsley

Master James I totally agree with you my friend. Femme I think you would make an excellent to our wonderful M'Crack Family.  :)
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Dallan

I know of a couple from Clan White that would be happy to act as sponsors.
Fight'n

lordwriothsley

I'm from Clan White and I wouldn't mind sponsoring Femme at all.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Come on Femme and join us, it's the Best family ever. And as you can see there is not a sponsor problem.All you need is a M'Crack name. Think about it! Looking forward to meeting you and family.
                                                        Sun'n M'Crack  (pet)
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Femme Falchion

and I look forward to meeting you as well Lady Joyce !  I have been an admirer from afar of your headdress choices for some time!  ;D

With such a hospitable and joyful group, it's a wonder that everyone is not a member of the M'Crack family!  It is wonderful to know that I would find willing sponsers when I make my respectful request for petition.   :)

Domina Virago
Mother Confessor

Hibernian

FF enjoy the hospitality of Clan White, they are honorable people who always have a fine story and a cold pint to share. But keep in mind your home faires and the M'Cracks of Carolina.
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"