News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Recommendation, please, for medieval banners

Started by jackcade, March 02, 2009, 06:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackcade

can someone recommend a great place that makes family crest banners and tapestries for our upcoming wedding?  Any information is greatly appreciated.............

pirategurl

There are a number of people who will create the banners for you if you provide the crest.
Are you looking to have them painted, embroidered, embellished?

Lady Renee Buchanan

If they don't have to be personalized with your family crest, and you just want colorful and nice banners, I'd recommend Underhill Pavilions.  We have some of their banners hanging in our restaurant and others in our home.  They are very nice people to work with, too.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Dayna

Indeed, we used an Underhill Pavillion banner to help people find the reception site for my wedding. 

Dayna
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven

temper

Temper; what makes a good sword, be sure to keep it.

renfairewench

I made a bunch of banners for my wedding out of felt, hot glue and some fabric glitter glue. If you go here: http://community.livejournal.com/diy_weddings/338754.html and scroll down through the pictures you will come to pictures of the many banners that I made.
Dame Dulcinea Deveraux - My friends call me Lady Double D
Awww...ooooo...shiny...must...have!

knarlyknot

Wow, renfairewench, that was incredible!!  I bet your wedding was gorgeous, congrats!!

LadyCatharine

loved loved loved your banners.

My beloved and I will be re-neing our vows in 2yrs @ my home faire~~absolutly loved those banners.

Huzzah and congrats.
'A feast is made for laughter
and wine maketh merry'

NorthBayDreamer

Lord Lisle (when a Nobel)
Horndog (when a Pirate)
Master Thomas Boddinham (when a middle)
Landshark No. 67