News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What could make you stop being a pirate?

Started by Obadiah Jib, March 04, 2009, 08:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Jack Wolfe

"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Molden

Stop bein' a pyrate...*scratches noggin'...puzzled look*??? Bloody 'ell! Blasphemy's wot 'tis! Kanna stop bein' me mate...

Pyrates Untie!!! Let slip th' lines! Group gropes fer all!!!  ;D
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

Captain Jack Wolfe

Quote from: Molden on March 14, 2009, 10:21:03 PM
... Pyrates Untie!!! Let slip th' lines! Group gropes fer all!!!  ;D

Adds that to the book of "Things That Make Me Think of Molden".  :D
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Blackjack Roberts

Aye, Molden, aye!

Tho' me purse seems ta come up missin' every time.  ???

Ah well, God luv 'em fer it.  ;) ;D

*swaggers off singing*

"Green grow the rushes oh;
Green grow the rushes oh;
The sweetest hours that e're I spent,
Were spent among the lassies oh."

Lord Figaro

What could make me stop being a pirate? NOTHING, having tasted the salt and the brine I feel to comfortable among the rolls and waves.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

Captain Jack Wolfe

Lord Fig, you've hit upon the essence of it.  The wind and spray in your face, the feel of sun-warmed teak or oak under your bare feet, the creak and moan of the ship as she seeks to comply with the will of her master...  Damn, there's nothing like it in the world.  Nothing at all.

No.  Turning from the Account?  Once it's in your blood, there's no turning away.  Not for anything.

Jezzy MacPeaks

Quote from: Molden on March 14, 2009, 10:21:03 PM
Stop bein' a pyrate...*scratches noggin'...puzzled look*??? Bloody 'ell! Blasphemy's wot 'tis! Kanna stop bein' me mate...

Pyrates Untie!!! Let slip th' lines! Group gropes fer all!!!  ;D

Ahh, yes, the Group Grope with Molden.  I seem to recall me and Athena were a party t' one o' them, as well....

Pyrate Queen
Costumer, Extraordinaire
Hook'n of Clan M'Crack
Have Blunderbuss, Will Plunder

RumbaRue

What would stop me from being a pirate?

Being run through by Mad Jack......
Being Blond means I have the right to walk into any wall.

Captain Kilian

...not a damn thing.

Of course, there has been a mighty influx of we scourge of the sea as of late, thanks to the double edged sword that is Disney and Johnny Depps little take on the life. Our ranks have certainly swelled, and i personally look forward to the day when the next big thing catches, and leaves we true-er hearts to the craft of maritime wealth redistribution. until then, at least it be far easier to shop for a nice hat or new sea coat!
"I'd like to thank all the little people...that just never saw it coming." - Me
Royal Order of the Landshark, Guppy 14

Obadiah Jib

Governor Henry Morgan approaches you in a seedy Port Royal tavern.  His blood shot eyes lock on yours and he says, "Friend the time has come to make peace with the Spanish.  I have been given the task to round up all those who continue to raid and plunder in these waters and string them up by the neck.  I ask you to stand down and put away your cutlass and pistol.  Or I shall be forced to bring the King's justice down up you."

Now what do you do? :-\
First Mate of the Portobello Rose.
I'm not the captain, I just dress better than he does.

Welsh Wench

Double over with laughter, pound the table and wipe the tears of laughter from my eyes as I say, "I love that joke!..no, seriously, you crack me up.....you...huh?..You're  NOT kidding?...oh, garcon?....some sangria and tacos, please..."

Then I would lean over the table, affording a good view of my ample cleavage and whisper, 'You know, I'm dating your nephew...."
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Captain Jack Wolfe

And sweet as you please, old Sir Henry himself is back on the Account!   :D

Blackjack Roberts

Me answer would be the same as Black Bart Roberts. (We Roberts are pretty much cut from the same mold, though we don't share the same views on rum.)  ;)

"Tis a short life, and a merry one, says I.
But make no mistake, Sir. Ye may run me through, ye may shoot me dead, or ye may send me ta Davy Jones locker.

Either way, I'll not be swingin' from yer jibbet!

Now that we've an accord, would ye be a'posed ta a tankard 'o rum?"  ;D

renren

Quote from: Blackjack Roberts on March 27, 2009, 10:25:36 AM
Me answer would be the same as Black Bart Roberts. (We Roberts are pretty much cut from the same mold, though we don't share the same views on rum.)  ;)

"Tis a short life, and a merry one, says I.
But make no mistake, Sir. Ye may run me through, ye may shoot me dead, or ye may send me ta Davy Jones locker.

Either way, I'll not be swingin' from yer jibbet!

Now that we've an accord, would ye be a'posed ta a tankard 'o rum?"  ;D

Aye, Ol' Anne Roberts agrees wit ya lad!
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Molden

AYE! I be wi' ya BJR! 'ceptin', bein' 'e's threatinin' ... he buys th' bloody rum! Aye?  ;)
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable