News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Opening Weekend July 11 - 12

Started by Scotsman, March 05, 2009, 07:57:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeerBlessings

Of course I'll be there..

The question is what booze I'll have with me.

Scotsman

Quote from: Arianwyn on March 06, 2009, 08:04:16 PM
ooohhhh count us in for any Friday night festivities

Yeah, we need to start thinking about putting something together ... after that drive I am going to need a beer! Anyone got any ideas ... the winery last year was nice, but they did not serve beer ... beer is an important part of any celebration!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Terry Griffith

Hey Scotsman and all of you mad rennies.  I'm booked to perform for the opening weekend at GLMF and maybe some others if Scott can work me in.  I'll be rolling in on Friday to get the camp site settled so please let me know about any Friday night arrangements.  I'll probably miss the tailgate because of morning meetings and setting up for the day so Friday may be my only time to party.

As Charity mentioned, our Renstock was last weekend and it was truly an amazing day.  Several people from GLMF were there as well and we enjoyed sharing the festivities with them.  It was a much needed gathering of lovely people.

Can't wait until we party together again.

Slainte
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

KNIGHTNLADY69

The New Yorkers are coming for Opening Weekend!!!

You can add my husband and I, Sir William and Lady Julie Ann (aka Mistress Lillith), my brother Blok, my brother-in-law Jesar, and our friend Kelly and her Mom Sharon.
...and Woody Square, too! ;) 

We look forward to seeing our GLMF family again.

Strength, Love, and Honor,
Mistress Lillith 
~Live by the Sun, Love by the Moon~
Sir William and Lady Julie Ann (aka Mistress Lillith)
...and Woody Square

chriscat53

I am a Pittsburgh playtron who loves Avaloch! Hope to be there for the invasion (13th century-in which people think I'm a terrorist because of the veil and dark complexion...really! I scared folks in a 7-11 once) and my birthday weekend (Italian Pirate Mama-actually in period I'd probably be Pirate Grandmama). I'd like to work being mostly deaf into my persona more. I have an "earhorn" but when people talk to me--you need to yell into it! Because I really am deaf. (I wear hearing aids.) I love to interact but it's hard when you can't hear.

Captain Fortune

Although I am stuck in Vegas working. I am doing my best to work my schedule to make it.

So I would say count on the Captain sailing into port that weekend with guest in tow.

With that being said...we will need lots of Guiness.
A Pirate's Life for Me.

Rahne

you can add me and mine to the list
Raine and my husband Thorne, and at least one friend.  If the invite for camping is still open with Bunnie and Hank we plan to arrive on Friday evening and spend the weekend.  We have attended Great Lakes for years, but because of tending the young ones haven't had a chance to get to know too many of you all.  Looking greatly forward to the tailgate and getting acquainted with you all. 
"Don't part with your illusions.
When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live"
Mark Twain

Carl

Add us to the list we will be in Sat morn for the parking lot soiree!
Castleteer
Bretheren of the Great Lakes
Outlander
FOKTOP
True heirto the Duchy of Savoy
Rivet'n Penny

Professor M

I certainly intend to be there.  It's too soon to know what the rest of the family is doing.  Hopefully, I'll be joined by my friend Patrick and his son, Duncan.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

katie_86

I am fairly (hahahaha pun intended!) certain my husband and i will be coming in celebration of our 5Th anniversary! ;D Any more room for the tail gate party?? We usually have rum hahaha :)

Athena

The weather's getting nicer, and I'm getting antsy....

Are we there yet??  ;D
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Capt. Morgan

More like....

Are we FAIRE yet??!

As to the "nicer" weather....um...welcome to NE Ohio...we're supposed to get snow today...*sigh*
I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.

DuCoeur

Sunny sky's and a mild 66 here in the Burgh today...And yes I am ready for Faire...
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

SirBlackFox

Count Me IN!!!. . .  with full camera gear. . .  I'm covering this faire for FAIRE MAGAZINE's Summer Issue
Publisher, Faire Magazine, The Concordium, & The Pyrates Way
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

Scotsman

Quote from: SirBlackFox on April 16, 2009, 09:21:26 PM
Count Me IN!!!. . .  with full camera gear. . .  I'm covering this faire for FAIRE MAGAZINE's Summer Issue

Hootie Hooo ... wait, our antics may be documented and published?
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?