News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Opening Weekend July 11 - 12

Started by Scotsman, March 05, 2009, 07:57:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Athena

Should be an interesting photo spread.....   ;D ;)
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

mehan

Well, at least some of us will find out what really happens....

Capt. Morgan

Quote from: SirBlackFox on April 16, 2009, 09:21:26 PM
Count Me IN!!!. . .  with full camera gear. . .  I'm covering this faire for FAIRE MAGAZINE's Summer Issue

The Shire may never be the same again... :o

THAT is excellent news, Black Fox  ;)

Oh, by the by...I think I found your evil twin...but then, I thought YOU were the evil twin... ???

http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videoId=223700
I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.

Terry Griffith

Quote from: Scotsman on April 17, 2009, 07:04:03 AM
Quote from: SirBlackFox on April 16, 2009, 09:21:26 PM
Count Me IN!!!. . .  with full camera gear. . .  I'm covering this faire for FAIRE MAGAZINE's Summer Issue

Hootie Hooo ... wait, our antics may be documented and published?
Scotsman, that never stopped you before.  Remember "Outstanding"?

You would decorate those pages quite handsomely.
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

Charity Morgan

I love that every time I manage to check the forum you guys are up to scheming with me!  Still taking each day as it comes but This opening weekend is something I haven't missed in years and sure aint about to start now!  Of course I'll bring contributions for the mornin' larder so we can eat something to absorb all that drinkin' throughout the day!  Surely hope Faire Magazine is ready for tailgate our way! 
Charity Morgan ~ Morgans Bounty
Purveyor of questionably acquired treasures.

DuCoeur

Black Fox may know about Tailgating but he hasn't done it at GLMF....

I just love how every years opening at Great Lakes get Larger and Larger....Less then 80 days now.
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

Rahne

I'm so excited.  I can't wait. This will be our first Tailgate.  I managed to fenangle it so our two oldest kids will be away for camp and only have to get someone to keep the youngest. We will be camping and spending the whole weekend.  Any suggestions on what to bring to the Tailgate?
"Don't part with your illusions.
When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live"
Mark Twain

Scotsman

Quote from: Rahne on April 23, 2009, 08:09:11 AM
Any suggestions on what to bring to the Tailgate?

Bring an appetite ... and more importantly a THIRST  ;D

On a side note, I will try to make it through gate this year without the assistance of 3 people ... I plan to be able to walk ... if not crawl in on my own, never fear.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Nyneve

*quietly emerging from the lurking shadows of Avaloch*

Sir Constantine and I shall be there as well, with bells on (as is usual)!  The mead shall be flowing freely for such a festive occasion!  HUZZAH!
I cannot believe in a God who does not Dance -Freidrich Nietzsche
The curve is more powerful than the Sword  -Mae West

Capt. Morgan

Dearest Nyneve! I should have sensed you lurking about in the newly born green growth, so befuddled with Mundania have I been! Glad to see you emerge like the welcome of Spring to the winter weary Shire! Glad too am I that you and your loving husband shall be in attendance on Opening Weekend! T'would not be Faire unless you were there!  ;)
I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.

Nyneve

Ahhhh yes, springtime has finally arrived in Avaloch and isn't it sweet? 

Thank thee, Morgan, for thy kindly words. Sir Constantine and I both very much look forward to creating wonderous times and memories with you and Dwyn, and of course not to forget all the rest of our Faire friends as well! 

It seems that mayhaps this year Opening Weekend shall be overrun with merriment for once, instead of somewhat deserted as it has been in previous seasons!  HUZZAH I say, indeed!   ;)
I cannot believe in a God who does not Dance -Freidrich Nietzsche
The curve is more powerful than the Sword  -Mae West

wyldfire

OOoooh gee, hmmmmm, lemme think here.....ummmmm.....ah.....YES!!!  I will be there -- I kinda thinks me has to be there......I'm a permanent fixture at the pubs aren't I????!  *L*!    BESIDES, I have a new flask to fiill!!!  With what, that i'm sure yet......

Can't wait to see everyone!!!!  SO glad the time is getting even closer!!!!! 

I really miss everyone........ :'(
Mrs. Sot *LOL*  That there's funny.....I don't care who you are!!!!

Lady de la Warr

Well I guess I neglected to speak up before.......Prince Oswyn and myself will most certainly be there! I still love my former home faire so missing opening weekend is not an option!

See you all soon  :)

Scotsman

Quote from: Lady de la Warr on May 17, 2009, 05:32:04 PM
Well I guess I neglected to speak up before.......Prince Oswyn and myself will most certainly be there! I still love my former home faire so missing opening weekend is not an option!

See you all soon  :)

Awesome ... looks like the family is all coming together!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Lady de la Warr

Indeed it is! And it's official - I have made the (non-refundable) hotel reservations so there's no getting out of it now (like I would want to anyway) - LOL!!