News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Opening Weekend July 11 - 12

Started by Scotsman, March 05, 2009, 07:57:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. Morgan

Whats all this I hear about a Faire happening in a few short weeks???!   ???
I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.

Higgins

I know it doesn't seem very short but I'm surprised that you would comment Capt' I thought time was meaningless to an immortal. You really must be suffering a bad case of mundania. P.S. How did the opening go? I heard good things.

(Waves madly to Scotsman and Lady Guinness)

Capt. Morgan

Quote from: Higgins on June 24, 2009, 02:41:17 PM
I know it doesn't seem very short but I'm surprised that you would comment Capt' I thought time was meaningless to an immortal. You really must be suffering a bad case of mundania. P.S. How did the opening go? I heard good things.

http://photos.cleveland.com/gallery/4501/Cleveland%20Museum%20of%20Art,%20inside%20the%20new%20wing

http://www.cleveland.com/arts/index.ssf/2009/06/cleveland_museum_of_art_herald.html

That is just it, my good Sir...after the first, oh...1,500 years or so you lose count...so it would seem that Faire has indeed snuck up on me, but not in the same manner as a near by immortal. Indeed..."Mundania" has had a frightful grip upon me...the opening you mentioned, consumed many, many months of time and OT (would that I could be paid for it!) I believe last week (the week before the opening) I logged in 64 hours and then since Dwyn had to work the opening (Security Operations you know)...I foolishly volunteered to work as well...and that was from 4PM to 2AM. Suffice it to say I know remember why I retired from the Police Department for as the evening wore on, and the music got louder and the entry tickets cheaper....the pre-soused college students began to arrive and on more than one occasion the Women's Restroom was festooned in an array of Technicolor...well...I don't think I really need to expound... ::)

All in all, it was a success and compliments to the new addition we many and well received...it's nice to have your work appreciated and my crew totally ROCKS in dedication and professionalism...and now, I look forward to fellowship and good times with my Ren. Family.  ;)
I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.

mehan

sigh.... I just canna wait..... friends old and friends new..... I just canna wait

hephzibah

Quote from: Capt. Morgan on June 24, 2009, 11:07:50 AM
Whats all this I hear about a Faire happening in a few short weeks???!   ???

And it will grand to see you and Dwyn. (Been a long time on here for many reasons blah blah)

trevor ylisaari

So, anyone got a head count of who is gonna be there opening day?

What time does the tailgating start?

Less than 2 weeks to go!

Scotsman

Quote from: trevor ylisaari on June 29, 2009, 06:10:16 PM
So, anyone got a head count of who is gonna be there opening day?

Headcount is on Page one of this thread
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

April

April and Paul will definitely be there!  Woot!
God bless ye all!  Can anyone tell me why the Drambuie is gone again?

Scotsman

Quote from: April on June 30, 2009, 11:46:37 AM

Paul? Who the heck is this Paul guy ...

... you two are added.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

The Ferret

Mr. Ferret for sure and Danger Girl possibly as well will be there on Friday afternoon.  Hotel already locked in.  Can't wait!

Quiet One

Quote from: The Ferret on July 01, 2009, 04:48:16 PM
Mr. Ferret for sure and Danger Girl possibly as well will be there on Friday afternoon.  Hotel already locked in.  Can't wait!

Ferret, will you be joining us on Friday night?

http://www.renaissancefestival.com/forums/index.php?topic=7691.0
Whisper'n M'Crack
Castleteer

Baroness de Vale

Oh boy oh boy oh boy! We were actually able to afford season passes for the first time ever! Now I'm holding the papers in my hand and doing a happy dance! GLMF every weekend- a dream come true!!

April

Quote from: Scotsman on June 30, 2009, 01:23:59 PM
Quote from: April on June 30, 2009, 11:46:37 AM

Paul? Who the heck is this Paul guy ...

... you two are added.

Don't you worry your pretty little kilt over it, Scotsman....  ;)
You will know who he is sooooon enuf!  hahaha...

...and we is excited cause it seemz i gots added twice!
God bless ye all!  Can anyone tell me why the Drambuie is gone again?

The Ferret

Quote from: Quiet One on July 01, 2009, 05:21:57 PM
Quote from: The Ferret on July 01, 2009, 04:48:16 PM

Ferret, will you be joining us on Friday night?

http://www.renaissancefestival.com/forums/index.php?topic=7691.0

You can put me down for tentative. I am not sure exactly what time I'll be getting into town, but hopefully early enough to join everyone.