News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

GARF equipment

Started by Monsignor de Beaumanoir, March 31, 2009, 11:35:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

I am saddened to see that "spears" are forbidden within the kingdom this year. Although they trust staff to wield halbards and assorted pole arms in defense of the Royal Party, and humble Templar Brother can't be seen to carry his 14' lance with Beausant pennant attached. :(

Femme Falchion

Ouch, I know you're saddened by this news.  It's unfortunate that a Templar with experience such as yours must be so restricted.  Could you modify the lance to meet the regulations and still display the Beausant pennant? 

p.s.  Who is the humble Brother?  **Sister Hatchet is looking about curiously**
Domina Virago
Grand Mistress of the Order of the Hatchet
Mother Confessor
Sister of the Spring Fires

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

I wish there was a way, but sadly no. :'(
I have faith that the King of some other Kingdoms will allow it in the future, or maybe TN.

BLAKDUKE

Quote from: Warrior_Monk on March 31, 2009, 02:38:42 PM
I wish there was a way, but sadly no. :'(
I have faith that the King of some other Kingdoms will allow it in the future, or maybe TN.

My good friend and liege man, could you perchance encase the point with wood or some smooth hard substance that would pass muster.  Rest assured you will be welcome at both Pensacola and Mobile.  Both a safe haven for responsible faire folke with weaponry.
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

BLAKDUKE

Hey how about a staff slightly longer than a normal staff, but shorter than a normal spear, but without a spear point just to carry the pennant.  Maybe not to your liking I am sure but at least it might accomplish the main aim, to display the pennant..

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

And this is why he is called "King" in several Kingdoms!  ;) I would have just attempted to force the gates at GARF with brutish charm and the divine assistance provided to all Warrior Monks!  :P
I shall look for a top that is less offensive to those "faint" of heart, faith, and trust. ;D

Thanks great Sovereign!

BLAKDUKE

Hey that is why I make the big bucks   WOT???????