News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

1st visit

Started by Dallan, March 05, 2009, 11:31:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyDracolich

Sir Clisto,

It is a shame that you'll be splitting your trip between the two faires as they are both so large as to need 2 days to fully explore and enjoy them each.  However, the best of luck and safe travels. 

Hope to see you at GA!
~LD
I don't know what you've heard, none of it is factual, but it's all true.

Dallan

*Slaps his head with palm of hand* Lady D you are Lady M's sis?! It took a while for that to make it to the front on my mushy grey matter. I can't wait to meet you. I need to tell you the story of how my 11 year old son who is smitten with your sister had to buy her a drink last year. (Just water, no worries)
Fight'n

Lady Christina de Pond

lol i wonder what my best friend is going to think
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

LadyDracolich

Quote from: Dallan on March 14, 2009, 11:43:43 AM
*Slaps his head with palm of hand* Lady D you are Lady M's sis?! It took a while for that to make it to the front on my mushy grey matter. I can't wait to meet you. I need to tell you the story of how my 11 year old son who is smitten with your sister had to buy her a drink last year. (Just water, no worries)

Why yes!  I am Lady M's sis! I am looking forward to meeting you and your lovely family!  And to the telling of such an interesting story.  My sister does have a way with the gentlemen, young and old. ;)

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

Quote from: LadyDracolich on March 14, 2009, 12:06:53 PM
Quote from: Dallan on March 14, 2009, 11:43:43 AM
My sister does have a way with the gentlemen, young and old. ;)

LOL!  Hey!  I resemble that remarque!   ;D
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Molden

Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

renfairephotog

Quote from: sir clisto on March 14, 2009, 03:43:51 AM
Hail everyone,

Seems like I too will be coming to the GA faire on opening weekend for my first time as well. I am not performing anywhere at that time and I have always wanted to go before I get into my heavy faire season. I should be booking this weekend or Monday for my flight from Miwaukee and I will be staying with Mercy (Leader of the Lost) and Roland - Jeannie and Dave. Been friends with them for a long time and havent seen them for a while. So, we will be doing Ga one day and Tenn ren the other. Just don't know which yet but probably Ga Saturday and Tenn on Sun. My camera will be getting a big workout, so please let me know if you don't want your pics taken, but I wish it all is ok.

I am soooo... looking forward to meeting many of you if you are going to be there for opening weekend. Please let me know and once there if you see me, hail me down. I know Jeannie will be making sure I see people. I am really excited about this trip. I figure I will do my part to Stimulate the economy. LOL

Lord Sir Clisto of York

Which Opening weekend?  Garf opens April 18 and TN opens May 2.  You don't want to make that drive before TN ren opens.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Lord Clisto of York

Thank you all for responding, but I believe my memory has decieved me. I am coming in for the May 2/3 weekend and was thinking of the Tennessee faire opening weekend which is the 2nd/3rd. My apoligies for the misunderstanding. I was going to go to the GA faire on either the Saturday or Sunday and the Tenn faire on the opposite day. I lumped them together. So, it will really be the 3rd weekend of GA and opening of Tenn. in the same weekend. So, now that I have my witts about me again, who will be there on the 2nd or 3rd of May at GA. I guess the excitement of the trip there to meet everyone and take in a new faire got the best of me.

Lord Sir Clisto of York
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

renfairephotog

I'll see you at TN. If I make it to Garf it'll be in April.
Fairy photographer

Lord Clisto of York

Sounds good.  Will have to plan to meet up some time there.
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

renfairephotog

Check the TN forum. There's an invasion that weekend.
Fairy photographer

Raibeart OShea

I too will be visiting the GA Faire this year for the first time.  My Lady and I will be down for Saturday and Sunday on Memorial Day weekend.

Good to know what's being duplicated from CRF, we'll only have the one weekend and I want us to experience as many different things as we can.

Is there a common meeting area there?  There's an area in CRF that the RFers and the McCracks frequent.  If there is one at GARF, we'll try to make an appearance.  (Hopefully we won't too deep into our cups and will not be making too much of a scene.)
Latha math dhuibh.
Raibeart O'Shea
HomeFaire: CRF
Attended: NCRF 09, GARF 09, 10
Plans to attend: Them ALL.

Dallan

My guess would be that you might find a M'Crack or two in the pub. But that's just a guess.  ;)  ;D

Fight'n M'Crack
Fight'n

LadyDracolich

Always in a pub... But I'm not sure how many will be in attendance at GARF on Memorial day weekend.  I'm fairly predictable.  More often than not, in a pub.. ;)

Dirtfarmer

Dallan,

That's funny... Mel (Mad Maggie) and I will probably be down there on that Saturday on our way to Tampa Bay.  I probably won't see you at VARF but hope to see you at GARF!