News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Tartan Terrors

Started by kcdcchef, March 05, 2009, 11:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kcdcchef

seriously, who is in the know as to why the tartan terrors are no longer at mount hope??

i realize that the pennsylvania renaissance faire will go on without the terrors, but they were one of the biggest acts there. are you kidding me? go to celtic fling, they put the terrors at the boars head, and the crowds spill out so far into the streets, you literally cannot get around the boars head, there are so many people blocking traffic. at almost any finale in song, the biggest roar from the audience is almost always for the terrors. go to the globe any day of faire, and the biggest draw is the tartan terrors.

i am hearing and reading it is a mutual decision. bovine poopie, no way. this is ridiculous, this is one of the best acts at mount hope. there is no reason to lose this amazing act. what next, cancelling the joust???

i will still come, i love the mud show, damian blade, ceann, the sultry sirens, it is an amazing faire that i totally love going to. but this is a JOKE. who has the inside info as to why this happened? and dont give me the BS about a mutual business decision that the terrors are saying. i would believe it, but their calender for the year is practically EMPTY.

FaireGirl69

The Tartan Terrors are changing too...

Blake Braswell (guitar, mandolin, vocalist) won't be a full time member of the group because he is now engaged and is working full time for PARF and will be remaining in PA.  (He was the one who replaced Steve Sinnicks when he left)

Sean McKeown (piper, vocalist) is leaving as well <insert collective *gasp* here>  He has joined the Toronto Police Force.  He said he will perform with them when he can though, so that's a good thing.

This is all information that was made known during the Jim Thorpe concert last month.

- Dolores in PA

"If they outlaw guns, can we go back to using swords?" - bumper sticker saying

kcdcchef

wow, that really sucks. and thanks for the pm fairegirl. i will keep an eye out for sean when i get pulled over in toronto next time, perhaps if he pulls me over while shopping on bloor avenue i can pop in a tartan terrors cd and all will be forgiven. i chalk this all up to an economic casualty, which, isnt much to go on since the PARF refuses to publicly comment on why they are letting theiir biggest act dissappear. i think if they stayed at parf this year, the group stays together.