News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Amana colonies?

Started by Keno, March 07, 2009, 08:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keno

Does anyone go to the faire there?  I went once, it was pretty good.  I'm planning on going again if I can make time this year.
This years travels 2013

Performing
Travelers Cross Faire in Strang, Oklahoma

Vending
Iowa Renaissance Festival in Amana Colonies, Iowa
Iowa-Minnesota Pirate Festival in Clear Lake, Iowa
Des Moines Renaissance Faire in Des Moines, iowa

Gauwyn of Bracknell

We have not been for several years - we were at the first one at this location a few years back.  We will be there this year - it is just down the lane from our humble abode.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Lady Renee Buchanan

We normally go to that one, but last year we were in Tennessee, and this year we're hoping to go to St. Louis.

We have the worst luck at this faire!  We can only go on Sunday, and just about every year, it is beautiful on Saturday but rains on Sunday.

It is a very small faire, so depending on how far you have to drive and what kind of faire you expect, you might want to take that into consideration.

Having said that, Steve and I adore whatever kind of faire, so we make the 2 hour trip with high hopes that THIS year, we won't get rained out.  We usually do but go anyway.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Gauwyn of Bracknell

We reside not but 20 minutes away, so no excuse to not faire.  I believe it runs all three days, we most likely will go Sunday also.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Lady Rosalind

We'll be at this one on Sunday or Monday. If you go on Saturday, say Hello to their Majesties, Queen Catherine and King Edward! I still can't believe I had to miss working this one, but my son is in the high school band, and graduation is a required performance. :(

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Will their Majesties not be there on Sunday or Monday?  We may be there Monday instead.  Out son has a tournament sporting event that weekend, and his play on Sunday depends on the outcome on Saturday.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Lady Rosalind

Unfortunately, our royal court was only hired for Saturday. There is another group handling the "noble" duties the rest of the weekend, but I can't remember which group.

IanRichardSharpe

I shall be performing next weekend.

Ian Richard Sharpe, Royal Tax Collector
Tax Collector for the King, friend of the Lord High Constable
The Venerable Lord Richard the Perplexed of Tempting St M

IanRichardSharpe

Anyone with photos of the faire weekend?
Tax Collector for the King, friend of the Lord High Constable
The Venerable Lord Richard the Perplexed of Tempting St M