News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

*sigh*

Started by Capt Lucy, March 09, 2009, 01:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rani Zemirah

Oh Lucy, your candle is lit, and positive prayers and wishes are winging your way! I will be keeping both of you in my thoughts through your time of stress and need...
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Peddlin

Hey, Lucy -

The M'Cracks are here to back you up, too, and we are all sending our thoughts and prayers.
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

Lady Amy of York

You and the  baby  are in  my prayers.   Ultrasounds  are not always  accurate.  My niece had  a  baby last year.     When she  was in her sixth month she had a ultrasound, and  the technician told  her that  the  baby looked  fine  and healthy and my niece   was  all excited, cause  the ultrasound  detected she  was  having  a boy.
Then the  doctor  came  and  said  the  baby was  not going  to make  it, and  my niece  was  dumbfounded  cause  she  had  just seen a perfectly healthy  baby  on the  ultrasound.
  The  doctor  said  that the ultrasound showed  there was  something wrong with the  placenta  and  the  baby was  not getting  the  proper nourishment  and  supply  from the  placenta  it needed.
    So  my niece  went and  and  got a second  opinion.  she  had  a second  ultrasound  done  and  it showed nothing wrong with  the placenta  at  all,  and  she  went on to have  a  healthy  baby.
   So you may want  to think about  having  a second  ultrasound  done .

You  and  the  baby will be  in  my  prayers  and  thoughts.  And  like  evryone  else  has  said, and  i  know  it is  hard  to do,  try  not to stress out, cause  the  baby can  detect  when  you  are stressed.
   Hugs  for  you  both.
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Capt Lucy

The test results came from my blood work not the ultrasound.  I am going in for a high level ultrasound at the hospital Wednesday.  That's where they will do the amniocentesis as well.

Thanks to everyone for keeping me in your thoughts...  I'll make you all my "happy place" when I need to meditate.
Dame Lucy, Captain of the Crimson Phoenix
IWG #2772 L77 Madame Emeritus
Booty'n Penny
Ette, R/F, IFORP, Merc, FOKTOP, Rengeek blah blah blah...

Lady Amy of York

Sending you just prayer  that was  sent  to me  when i was  pregnant  with  my  son.  It  is  a  prayer  to Saint Gerard,  who is  the  patron  saint  of    expectant  mothers. Hugs  and love  , and prayers  to  you  and  the  baby.

O great Saint Gerard, beloved servant of Jesus Christ, perfect imitator of your meek and humble Savior, and devoted child of Mother of God, enkindle within my heart one spark of that heavenly fire of charity which glowed in your heart and made you an angel of love.
O glorious Saint Gerard, because when falsely accused of crime, you did bear, like your Divine Master, without murmur or complaint, the calumnies of wicked men, you have been raised up by God as the patron and protector of expectant mothers.
Preserve me from danger and from the excessive pains accompanying childbirth, and shield the child which I now carry, that it may see the light of day and receive the purifying and life-giving waters of baptism through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Amen.

lordwriothsley

Lucy I will definitely keep you in my thoughts during this high level ultrasound you are about to have. Hugs and love to both you and the baby.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Capt Lucy

I am home.  Ultrasound showed that baby looks normal, and is in fact a BOY :)  I still had to have the amnio...I was a scared mess, but it went well and the fluid was sent off to be tested.  We won't have the results for another couple weeks.  Had blood drawn unexpectedly because my blood is A negative so I had to get a Rhogam shot...it was a long morning.  I'm home now and under orders to relax for the next 24 hours.  I'm pretty drained so I am going to nap a bit.  Thanks again for all the good thoughts, I was keeping them in mind when I was there.  :)   And now we wait.......

Hugs and love,
Lucy
Booty'n Penny

jinx

Aww, Lucy.  I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier.  <3

Many positive thoughts to you and the baby!
Lust.
Pirate.
Wench.
Mischievous Little Imp.
Dinosaur.

renfairephotog

Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Rani Zemirah

Will be thinking of you both, and praying as hard as I can!!! Rest well, and take care of yourself!
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

RenRobin

You and yours are still in my prayers...kick back and take it easy. :)
Loki-terr (in training)

lordwriothsley

Lucy sweetheart you and your unborn child remain in my thoughts and prayers. Please update us when the results do come in.

Hugs and love to you both!
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Lady Amy of York

Luci,
   Saying every prayer I  know for  you and  the  baby.  I know  it  is easier said  then  done, but  try  to relax and  rest  now and  take  it easy. And  remember we are all here  for  you if  you need us.

Capt Lucy

Got anxious and called today about my amnio results. While sitting on hold I was shaking like a leaf...but the nurse came back and said "everything's normal!" *huge-unbelievable-sigh-of-relief* Then told me it's definitely a boy! :) I am still crying...lol. I am just so relieved that nightmare is over. Thanks to all of you for your wonderful support. Rennies are truly amazing people.

Huge hugs and lots of love to you all!

Thank you.
Booty'n Penny

Trillium

Huzzah!!!!  I am sooo glad you got wonderful news!! 

And boys are so much fun!!
Got faerie dust?