News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What to do with bits of fur and "parts"?

Started by Marietta Graziella, March 08, 2009, 08:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marietta Graziella

OK, we're cleaning out my Gramma's house (OMG what a job!) and we find several fur stoles, wraps, coats, etc.  Some we know are real, and some just luscious fabric.   Looking at her stoles they seem odd to me but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Well two days later I find this random Avon box in amongst fake flowers, photos, and fabric scraps.  Upon opening I found little mink heads, tails, legs with feet, and scraps of pelt/fur.

At some point my gramma had cut all the "details" off her stoles and resewed them!  That's why they looked so odd to me.

So now I have this lovely box of death... what do I do with the leftovers?  Aside from a proper burial?

Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Dinobabe

Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

BamaWoodsman

If you ever wanted to really freak the mundanes that would be a sure way to do it.  Of course I have a somewhat morbid sense of humor sometime so..... lol.

anne of oaktower

Offer them to someone who makes sporrans?  I've seen a few sporrans with an animal head on the flap and two little feet hanging down. 
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

NoBill Lurker

So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

Syrilla

Lady Catherine

i agree with ann, they would make lovely sporrans! Leather body and the heads and feet for flap! ooooh! cool!
2008-2009 cast TNRF
Fishers, GARF, TNRF, ALARF, Fishers, KYHRF and BRISTOL
Coming 2011- Bella the Troll at TNRF!

Dayna

Sell them to me, I can use them to jazz up The Mighty War Rat's armour.  Seriously, Nixie needs some animal parts, and this way I wouldn't have to destroy anything.

Dayna
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven

Lord Figaro

Dear GOD i wish I was there to take some off yer hands hun. That would be one great gag prop.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

Marietta Graziella

The first batch I've found has been spoken for.  If I find more, I'll let you all know.  I believe Unilady was the next to request.
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Dayna

Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven

LadyOren

QuoteSo now I have this lovely box of death... what do I do with the leftovers?  Aside from a proper burial?

:D  Just had to laugh at that.  Sorry,  Oh my dear you've stumbled on to a treasure a I would see it.  Pouch flaps, Boot toppers, sewn them into seams of just about anything.  Glad to see you found a home for them.  Best Wishes.
When I'm gone look for me beneath your boots, for I have returned to the ground from which I came.   Walt Whitman