News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Old Wisconsin Renaissance Faire News

Started by Lord Clisto of York, March 16, 2009, 04:22:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Clisto of York

Hey, how the heck are ya?  Yes, it was a bummer for all of us, but, we are moving ahead to the Glennwood City area. This is our website - http://www.wirenfaire.com/

So far we had our first meeting and went out to see the land and rennie land owners. We will be making it a tent city for the first several years in the new location, but it looks to be a great area. And, its closer to Minnesota. Looking forward to 2010.

Lord Clisto, Duke of York
Knight of the Holy Blade of York
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Sitara

I JUST noticed this.  You are going to be about 20 minutes from my house.  Awesome...I'm used to having to drive at least an hour to get even near a faire.
Beer wenches are the best wenches!

Lord Clisto of York

That would be cool if everything keeps going as it is. Thats how I am for Bristol. I am only 25 mins away. But i am 4.5 to 5 for this one.

Dinobabe

I would KILL to have a faire in my backyard!

I hope things go well this year for the "new" faire.
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Lady L

Sir R works over in Wisc. and he heard there was still going to be a faire at the Chippewa Falls location. So, are there going to be 2 faires in that area this year? Or is that a rumor? TY
Former Shop Owner at MNRF

Lord Clisto of York

There would be 2(two). Chippewa was our old location and the new owners are suppose to have theirs. Then later in summer our new location which was Chippewa should be on in Glennwood City. That one is about 45 mins further north/west. Go to the   http://www.wirenfaire.com/ website to get some info on the Wisconsin Renaissance Faire.

Clisto

Lady L

Thank you for clearing that up, good Sir Clisto!
Wow, two faires so close together! I hope I can get to both of them this year. :)
Yes, I had looked at that website and it looked just like the previous one, so that's part of the confusion. What is the other faire going to be called?

So is this right, the old Chippewa faire aka Wisconsin Renaissance Faire, will be in Glenwood City and the new faire-without-a-name will be at the Chippewa location?

Lord Clisto of York

You are correct, and the name of the other faire is - Chippewa Valley Renaissance Faire

Lady L

Lord Clisto of York

Welcome. As I know more I will post here.

SleepyArcher

I checked the website out for WIRF and it states the next dates are 2011. Is there not going to be a faire this summer?
Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

Lord Clisto of York

It is sad, but you are correct. I was going to post something once I had all the info for sure. It has been postponed until next year to try and get everything up and going. The land has been worked on pretty much but many other factors have to still come together. So, nothing until at least 2011.

LadyFae

Ok, so just to be clear on this- there will NOT be a Faire in Glenwood this year (old Faire, new location) but there WILL be one in Chippewa Falls (old location, new Faire?)
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

Lord Clisto of York

Lady L