News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Sci-Fi convention weekend

Started by Zardoz, March 16, 2009, 05:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zardoz

I went with my girltourage to the AllCon Sci-Fi convention in Dallas over the weekend.  My friend Sandy, who is crazy about costumes, asked me if I wanted to participate in her MIB (Men In Black, like the Will Smith movie)  "hall costume" project. (They have costume competitions at these cons, 'hall costumes' are worn for fun)  I told her "no problem" but as you can see I put my own spin on the "traditional" MIB outfit;

Here's a young lady in her anime hall costume;

And we had a burlesque show at the con! Here I am with one of the lovely and talented performers, Miss La Divina;

Something for our BSG Fans, at the costume contest this fellow did a great rendition of Adama's "I know how to find Earth" speech, got a resounding "so say we all" from the crowd!

Yeah, it was a great convention!
"Pants are for guys with ugly legs"
Member of Clan McLotofus,
IBRSC# 1619,
As seen in Renaissance Magazine

LadyElizabeth

Wow, he looks alot like Adama actually!  I would have liked to see his speech!  I love BSG!!
Queen Elizabeth the 1st
Champagne the Bubbly
Bubbles the Fairy
Frost the Arctic Barbarian
Red the pirate

Zardoz

Quote from: LadyElizabeth on March 16, 2009, 06:21:35 PM
Wow, he looks alot like Adama actually!  I would have liked to see his speech!  I love BSG!!

I saw that fellow from a distance in the hallway and I thought he really was Edward James Olmos for a second.

Aaron Douglas, who plays Cheif Tyrol, was actually at the con, but is spite of chatting with him several times I didn't get a picture with him :(
IBRSC# 1619,

Noble Dreg

Lord, you Sci-Fi peeps are a bizzare group of folk.  Your odd costumes, pretending to be someone you're not...

;D

Last Gallactica this week!  I am totally bummed!  Kinda wish there was a bar that would show it like a football game...maybe I should check out "Space Aliens"?  Love their ribs!
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

Zardoz

Quote from: Noble Dreg on March 17, 2009, 07:23:03 AM
Last Gallactica this week!  I am totally bummed!  Kinda wish there was a bar that would show it like a football game...maybe I should check out "Space Aliens"?  Love their ribs!

Got that here;  http://www.drafthouse.com/westoaks/shows.php?id=296

;D
IBRSC# 1619,

Noble Dreg

Well that just sucks!  I gotta look into airfare to Houston!

Seriously, have fun...wish I was there.
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small