News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

GARF Roll Call

Started by susannah, March 17, 2009, 09:51:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

susannah

Hey Everyone! I've been absent from the forums for far too long and with only a month away from opening day, I thought we should get together a roll call list.
Post here the weekends you're planning on attending and where you'd like to meet up!
Get your garb ready and count down the days until...GARF 2009!!!

I'm hoping to attend opening day...still waiting to hear if the hubby is available, for I really want to meet the M'Cracks! Not sure what other weekends...but I'd love to make it for Scots and Kilts (May 16-17) and Pirate Invasion (May 30-31). Also, closing day.
Susannah
Wench Raised in the South/ Loki Musketeer

Lady Christina de Pond

lets try this again

I'm getting to go twice this year yeaaaaaaa
April 18th i will be there with my best friend
May 2nd i shall be there with several of my friends and guy i'm interested in

as for where to meet I'm open to any suggestions
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

BLAKDUKE

I will be there on opening day 4/18.   I would say either outside of the gate 1/2 hour before opening, or inside the gate up to 1/2 hour after opening, or lastly at 2pm at the main pub on the first trail  down toward the inside of the faire.
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

fairieimp

I'll be there opening day, about three or so friends in tow. :D I may be the only one of them in garb. I'll be there two other weekends, but I'm not yet sure what they are (I'm meeting friends and they aren't sure what days they are coming).
I'll meet wherever the majority want to meet.
"A halo is just one more thing to keep clean."

I am Margaret Rennell, you can call me Meg. :)

Lady Christina de Pond

alright where outside the gate?
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Lady Tess

I'm hoping to be there on May 3.

BLAKDUKE

That is hard to say.  The area is rather large and there are a lot of people hanging around waiting to get in.    Maybe off to the side with a big  R/F sign that can be discarded after a bit.

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

I offer this:

Three rally points, most based off of "time on" station. The longer the folks are there, the more likely they head for food. The bridge is a "controlled" choke point where you can't miss folks who go through there. The entry point is for 1st arrivers.

Deus vult!

Femme Falchion

Since Warrior Monk's helm will be the highest point outside the gate, let's just rally around him.   ;)

As I've mentioned in a few other threads here, myself, M'Lord, our wee charges and in-laws will be present opening day.  Just M'Lord and I will return on Sunday.   ;D
Domina Virago
Grand Mistress of the Order of the Hatchet
Mother Confessor
Sister of the Spring Fires

BLAKDUKE

Warrior Monk

Tis true???????

Thou whilst be there on opening gate????????

The BLAKDUKE

LadyDracolich

I hope there won't be a lightening storm... He'll be a lightening rod, especially if he's holding an umbrella for his lady...  :o ::)

I don't know what you've heard, none of it is factual, but it's all true.

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

Quote from: Femme Falchion on March 18, 2009, 12:47:57 PM
Since Warrior Monk's helm will be the highest point outside the gate, let's just rally around him.   ;)

Funny! ;) :P ;D  A Chaplain on post donated a 14' guideon/lance pole, which will be flying a Beausant pennant on opening day. I hope it's windy!  ;D 200+ lbs frame wrapped in blessed Templar white will serve as an adequate rally point if need be........ :P

Quote from: BLAKDUKE on March 18, 2009, 01:18:41 PM
Warrior Monk

Tis true???????

Thou whilst be there on opening gate????????

Yes, great King, I will be there. Currently I will be returning the week before from training folks in Mississippi on some "force protection" issues. ;)

Quote from: LadyDracolich on March 18, 2009, 01:42:35 PM
I hope there won't be a lightening storm... He'll be a lightening rod, especially if he's holding an umbrella for his lady...  :o ::)

A familiar face and typing rings out about a former topic of discussion I see....... :P ;D

Tammy

I'm going May 9th...I'd LOVE to meet anyone from the forums!!
Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

BamaWoodsman

I'll be there opening weekend with a crowd of approx. 8-10 all in garb ready for fun weekend. It will be all of our first time at GaRenn. Looking forward to meeting more from the forum, we met a few people at the alabama faire in october and really can't wait for the faire to start.

Lady Anna

Will be there on 18th and perhapse 19th! Would love to meet up with people and finally put actual faces to screen names  :) Let me know where to meet up.
Lady Anna