News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Mayfaire Renaissance Festival

Started by Jon Foster, May 22, 2009, 02:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon Foster

So how good is the Mayfaire Ren Fest? We are thinking about heading over there in the morning. I'd like to get some good pictures.  :P How does it compare to MIRF in relation to attendance, size, playtrons etc etc?

Also, why doesn't it have it's own forum here?

Edit: I found a Mayfaire thread in the smaller midwest faire area but I'd still like some feedback here...

Jon.

sealion

Waaaaaaay smaller but still lots of fun!
According to the info in the current issue of Renaissance magazine Mayfaire
has 60 booths and attendance of 5000. MIRF has 180 booths and attendance of 250,000.
I think this is Mayfaire's fifth year. It is held in the woods at the edge of the county fairgrounds with maybe four? stages.
It is under "smaller midwest faires". (I see you found it. :) )
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

Poldugarian Warrior

Oh it's much better now. I wrote some comments in the smaller mid-west faires section of the forum. Read it some time. And if you get a chance attend. Yes, it's small, but some of the best things come in small packages, so I'd say it's worth checking out. I went when they were even smaller and it was held in a field next to some woods with very basic stages. But, now they're tucked back in the woods and it seems quieter, cooler, and more rustic/period of a setting.