News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

'Danes or garb for FOF preview RSVP by March 25

Started by DonaCatalina, March 19, 2009, 11:20:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonaCatalina

Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

SandrineDeLaTombe

I'm going to say garb, but comfy garb.  And the weather's supposed to be nice too! 72 degrees and sunny.
I aim to misbehave

eloquentXI

Perfect weather! Srtill trying to figure out what garb I'm gonna wear!
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Var Greyshadow

I'm thinking garb, but light on the accessories.  May be garb-lite if it's warm.
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"

julessweetie

I am sooooo jealous!  *pouts*  ;)

I have to wait till Opening! lol  ;)

SirRichardBear

My thinking was to be in grab aka kilt but leave the sword and stuff at home.  Its no like we'll be doing guard, parade, weddings etc for the preview.  
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

Master Benjamin

I agree with Sir Richard, go in garb but leave the weapons and most of the accessories at the manor.
Scotsman, Reiver, Smuggler
***DOWN WITH TAXES***

eloquentXI

Depending on when I get there, I will be in need of someone to lace me up. :)

SirRichardBear

I'm always ready to tie errrr lace up a lady.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

captmarga

Weather forecast may have changed... they are talking possibly only in the 50's... plan on bringing cloaks or jackets!

Have fun!

Marga
Corp Capt Marga, Dame Den Mother, Scarborough Royal Guard.  Keeper of the Costume Closet.  Artist, Rennie, Etc, etc, etc

Master Benjamin

With only about 42 hrs till FOF preview, are we all garbing, going garb light or in danes. I don't want to be the odd one out.
Scotsman, Reiver, Smuggler
***DOWN WITH TAXES***

SandrineDeLaTombe

The majority consensus seems to be garb to garb-lite. At least enough so your picture looks like you in garb.

My question is (since I'm the n00b :)), for those who have been to the preview event in the past, what is the general course of events for the afternoon?  I know the website said pictures are starting at 1pm and dinner is at 4pm.  Is everyone basically getting there at 1pm? I'd hate to get there too early and then be wandering about by my lonesome.  :-\
I aim to misbehave

DonaCatalina

Quote from: SandrineDeLaTombe on March 27, 2009, 06:28:53 PM
The majority consensus seems to be garb to garb-lite. At least enough so your picture looks like you in garb.

My question is (since I'm the n00b :)), for those who have been to the preview event in the past, what is the general course of events for the afternoon?  I know the website said pictures are starting at 1pm and dinner is at 4pm.  Is everyone basically getting there at 1pm? I'd hate to get there too early and then be wandering about by my lonesome.  :-\

We'll show up a little early...........with wine in the cooler as usual.
We'll be in my little car, probably.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

eloquentXI

I'll try to be there by 12:30. Last year, the way it went to my knowledge was- a costume show, then just walking about the grounds, talking with people, then dinner, then the cast get out of costume, and everyone hangs out, I think.

Tukaram

Quote from: Master Benjamin on March 27, 2009, 05:34:36 PM
With only about 42 hrs till FOF preview, are we all garbing, going garb light or in danes. I don't want to be the odd one out.
An odd one at the faire??  Never!  ::)

I think it will be a good utilikilt day.  They are calling for mid 60's for Sunday.