News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

'Danes or garb for FOF preview RSVP by March 25

Started by DonaCatalina, March 19, 2009, 11:20:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryk Rakham

We should be there right at 1:00. Still working on whether to go in garb. I'm thinking maybe a garb shirt for the pic and changing after the pic, Sherry is going to just wear her "easy to change" dress. The original reason to go non-garb was for the cast to practice on us right? Looks like the weather should be nice, might be a little breezy..."partly cloud with a high near 70, SW wind 7 - 15 with gusts to 20". See you all tomorrow. Can't believe it is finally here!
Ryk Rakham, scourge of the Red River
Rhyk Dragonfang

Jezz the Belle, scourge of the scourge
Lady Sherry

Macintyre

MSN weather says the highs are going to be in the very low 60's

SandrineDeLaTombe

weather.com says high of upper 60s.  Considering I don't have a cloak yet, if it's cold, I probably won't be in garb.  But you know Texas, if you don't like the weather, wait five minutes.
I aim to misbehave

cowgrrl

For anyone who is considering not garbing, I'm not garbing.  I am wearing a unique jacket from Boss Wench but I'm wearing it with 'dane' clothing.  So, if you want to go 'garbless' you won't be alone.

DonaCatalina

We'll be in 'Danes ourselves. The forecast has changed again. the high for Sunday is supposed to be 72.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Ryk Rakham

Ryk Rakham, scourge of the Red River
Rhyk Dragonfang

Jezz the Belle, scourge of the scourge
Lady Sherry

Mast Hugger Kate

Otteinrich and I will be garbing, but I think I will bring danes to change into for the dinner  ;)

eloquentXI

Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

SandrineDeLaTombe

I'll be in mundanes and a snood.  Really don't feel like dressing up today.  Should be there 'tween 12:30 and 12:45. See everyone there!
I aim to misbehave

Macintyre

I just wanted to say that it was super cool hanging out with everyone today and can't wait for this coming weekend.

eloquentXI

Had a really great time today! Perfect weather, lets hope that Opening is a repeat! ((minus the sun, ladies, a constant reminder, bring sun screen and/or a parasol, because bodice burn is not fun at all))

The faire site is going to be green and lush, and the new tavern is quite nice from it seemed when I peeked my head in.

Can't wait for this Saturday and can't wait to see everyone! :D

EDIT: BTW, it was wonderful to meet a couple people for the first time, including Al-Nimer + cowgrrl and SandrineDeLaTombe! Sorry to those I didn't catch!

Var Greyshadow

Yesterday was a ton of fun!  So wonderful to see so many good friends again.  Yes, the new pub is awesome!  Several of us attended the wine tasting and really enjoyed it.  They said the pub will also have craft beers, so I expect this will be our new favorite pub (second only to the Car Bar).

Can't wait for this weekend!!
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"

julessweetie

Where are the photo's from the FOF event???  I have been waiting patiently for someone to post them... ;D

eloquentXI

I'm workin' on it woman!  :D It could be late tonight before I get mine up cause I have a lot to do today after class before I run to Dallas for my renaissance dance class.

DonaCatalina

I saw Al-Nimer and Cowgrrl from the back.......rapidly disappearing into the crowd. I thought I saw Sandrine once but I lost her before I could get over there.
It was great to see those of you that I did get to chat with.

On to Opening!  ;D
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess