News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

ERA TRIP

Started by chriscat53, April 26, 2010, 07:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chriscat53

I wonder if Robin Hood will be at an IMAX. I've got some medievals. Have been known to scare people in the Sheetz when I address them in perfect English (or at least Pittsburghese) wearing wimple, filet etc.

DuCoeur

Not sure what the Equal Rights ammendment has to do with Robin Hood, but if anyone wants to get together to garb up and see Ridley Scotts' Robin Hood.  Post here.

Looks to be amazing.  If not the IMAX How does  WaterWorks sound?
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

chriscat53

Ah but Queen Liz as Maid Marian cross dressing. Ha ha. Era as in Historical Era. I was just excited and shouted in caps.

Charity Morgan

I think Robin Hood on Saturday the 16th would be a great follow up to Terry Griffith playing at the Harp on Friday night!  Shall we do a matinee?  We can "Stumble In" (how many minds just went to GLMF?!?!)  Waterworks seems central for many...
Charity Morgan ~ Morgans Bounty
Purveyor of questionably acquired treasures.

anne of oaktower

Is Terry playing on Friday (5/14) or Saturday (5/15)?  I'm confusededed :(
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

DuCoeur

Ok yeah the dates are confused.

The Movie Opens Friday May 14
Terry Plays May 16 

Matinee on Sunday the 16th?????
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

Charity Morgan

LOL... ok so I have actually had coffee, I have a calendar in front of me, and this is what I know:

Robin Hood Movie Opens May 14 (Friday)
Terry Griffith plays at the Harp & Fiddle May 15th (celebrating a few birthdays I might add) Saturday
May 16th - which is when we discussed the possibility of going to see Robin Hood as a group in garb at the Waterfront is Sunday. 

On another completely unrelated note, Cornbeef and Curry Band is playing at the Harp and Fiddle THIS Friday night May 7th.

DuCoeur

I suggested Waterworks...not Water Front.  

Showing up at the water front in Garb is an invitation for trouble.

CornBeef and Curry is playing at Billys Road House in Wexford on Saturday.

anne of oaktower

I love US...we may not always know where we're actually going, or even when we're going, but we always know we're going together! :)

anne of oaktower

Quote from: chriscat53 on April 26, 2010, 07:21:07 PM
I wonder if Robin Hood will be at an IMAX. I've got some medievals. Have been known to scare people in the Sheetz when I address them in perfect English (or at least Pittsburghese) wearing wimple, filet etc.

I would love to see a noble walk into a public establishment, with all and sundry wondering from whence (s)he came, and then watch the looks on the faces when said noble speaks in "yinnzer"   LOL!

Charity Morgan

Oh geez.  But at least we always show up where and when we are supposed to, don't we?  Anne, are you in for the Roadhouse in Wexford this Saturday, love? 

Then I suppose we should finalize if we want to do the Robin Hood flick opening night or Sunday matinee... and if others are not going to chime in with their two cents I suppose we can just settle it amongst ourselves as the date draws nearer. 

anne of oaktower

What's going on at the Roadhouse, and at what time?  Not sure if I can make it, depends on the status of my vehicle :(

Charity Morgan

Cornbeef and Curry are playing there starting at 9pm.

Charity Morgan

so back on track... WHEN would we want to go as a group in garb to the Robin Hood flick?? Either Opening Night Friday May 14 or Sunday Matinee May 16 have been suggested.... whatcha think?  Obviously if we go Sunday we can finalize plans Saturday at the Harp gathering... but if consensus is for Friday, we need to know ASAP!!