News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

ROAD TRIP!!

Started by Terry Griffith, March 19, 2009, 05:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ambios

:) :) :)

We'll have our RF pins as well....especially since we (or should I say I...my good lady hasn't created an avatar for the boards) won't look much like our pictures.  Lookin' forward to hearing, and meeting, you!
William Parr, KG
Marquess of Northampton
7th Earl of Essex
RMG# 520
IBRSC# 1214
God Save My Sis...(oops) The Queen

DuCoeur

Syrac and I are locked in.  Date set and approved,

see all of you there.
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

Charity Morgan

AH yes! Spring with a May Day celebration should perk up my spirits!  Columbus has wonderful shopping and mundane entertainment, so why not make the excursion and look around while you're there?  I am hopeful to journey out...would be grand to see so many of you at U-Ren!  and seeing that I haven't seen Ambios and Maude since I left the circuit to be with my fairytale love, which is even longer than I haven't seen most of you... I am thinking we need a tailgate gathering!  As long as my health cooperates... I hope to see you there!
Charity Morgan ~ Morgans Bounty
Purveyor of questionably acquired treasures.

Thomas the Ratcatcher

YAY!!! And i live in columbus now so i expect to see EVERYONE!!!! hopefully i'll have a new costume by then and some armor done as well.... !!!!!!! I'm so excited. Even though i am not going to stay at ravenwood. (which looks amazing btw)

Morwyn

Quote from: Charity Morgan on April 20, 2009, 09:22:34 AM
... I am thinking we need a tailgate gathering! 

..rest assured......we will be there will bells on  :D

steven_dapcevich

D'OH!  :'(
My(ever growin') family and I will be at the Fairie festival in Glenrock the 1st-3rd of may. Poopies!!!

Have a drink on me guys. Wish I could be there.
Steven Dapcevich
Owner
The Pirate Empire

Ambios

Terry.....does seem like you've instigated quite the invasion with your following.   ::)  We're looking to meeting a group of the "northen" RFers!  See everyone in a week and a half!  :D

Ambios & Lady Maud
William Parr, KG
Marquess of Northampton
7th Earl of Essex
RMG# 520
IBRSC# 1214

Terry Griffith

Well, friends, it looks like there won't be an opportunity to tailgate at U-Ren.  Columbus has a no open container law and the only parking facilities are on the street or a large indoor parking garage which is right next to the site.

We will have to be content to do our drinking after the faire.  I'm told by Ambios that there are some good pubs in the area where rennies are welcome so we'll coordinate plans when we get there.

I thought I had best let you all know now before you get there and are disappointed but I hope everyone still wants to go. 
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

Ambios

Quote from: Terry Griffith on April 21, 2009, 09:10:21 PM
Well, friends, it looks like there won't be an opportunity to tailgate at U-Ren.  Columbus has a no open container law and the only parking facilities are on the street or a large indoor parking garage which is right next to the site.

We will have to be content to do our drinking after the faire.  I'm told by Ambios that there are some good pubs in the area where rennies are welcome so we'll coordinate plans when we get there.

I thought I had best let you all know now before you get there and are disappointed but I hope everyone still wants to go. 

Terry, me lad....just PM'd ye with Arwin's suggestions of friendly establishments for after hours on Saturday next!
Slainte!
William Parr, KG
Marquess of Northampton
7th Earl of Essex
RMG# 520
IBRSC# 1214

Shananigens

Heya!
The groups idea to stay at Ravenwood castle is a great idea. Me ,Shannon and Heather (Hooka) had been going there for years for their Medieval Festival to vend.Alas they had to stop the medieval festival because the owner was terminally and the Queen (his wife) who is an absolute doll couldn't handle taking care of him and doing the fair at the same time. We planned to camp almost every time but A room would open up and we would all stay in one room. If you stay in the gypsy wagons beware that the showers do NOT have a toilet in them .there are port a privys instead.There are quite a few BIG rooms where one can put up an air bed so you can stuff more people in them.the one room has a bed which can sleep 4 comfortably no kidding. The staff is absolutely FANTASTIC there and never minded when we did that.The chef is world class (at least the 5 years we went) They have a dinner where one is welcome to put on your finest garb and attend a feast in their Hall for an additional $25 a person. If you can stay DO IT! There are no phone outlets or wireless for electronics and only one phone in the great hall. Cell phone reception is horrendous but is a beautiful  place to relax and really immerse yourself  in the era. Shannon and I will try to attend but we just vended at the Viking fest this past weekend and are going to support and play at the charity to save the Santa Maria  (pirate) ship that is moored in Columbus the following weekend.( the ship lost her funding and we are trying to save her). I will expand on THAT in another topic thread!
Trish
To add a library to a house is to give that house a soul- Anon.

anne of oaktower

So....do we have any thoughts yet regarding a post-faire gathering? 
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

Terry Griffith

'Tis a quandry, dear Lady.  My pick would be Byrnes Pub, http://www.byrnespub.com/   One of the performers from the faire is playing the evening there and it looks like a great place.  Byrnes Pub is a couple of miles away but we will be in need of a good meal, not to mention a terrible thurst.  There are directions on the web site and a link to Mapquest so you can see how far it is.

Nothing is within walking distance unless you are Steven Write who said, "Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time".

It has been recommended by several people now as being rennie friendly.  When we all get together and coordinate with the regulars from that area, we can definately plan on where to go.

If I know this group, there will be a party somewhere.  Just the logistics of getting everyone to the same place.

anne of oaktower

Love the website!  It has my vote  ;D
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

Terry Griffith

Made it home by 1 AM.  Almost too tired to go to bed.  Going to crash soonnnnnnnnnn..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ambios

Was great getting a chance to meet you, Terry, and Queen Maggie.  Glad you got home safe...did you and the rest of the PRF group find Byrnes without too much trouble?  Hope you enjoyed!

At the very least, wound up having perfect weather for you!

Well met....and hope to see you again some day.  BTW, we'll pass your info along to Queen Katherine and hope we get a chance to see you at BARF next spring!

Best regards, and...

Slainte!

Ambios & Lady Maud
(aka George & Karen)
William Parr, KG
Marquess of Northampton
7th Earl of Essex
RMG# 520
IBRSC# 1214