News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

ROAD TRIP!!

Started by Terry Griffith, March 19, 2009, 05:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Griffith

Ambios, it was our pleasure.  We enjoyed the day and especialy making new friends like you and Lady Maud.  I love everything about faire except the nagging feeling on the way home that I didn't spend enough time with people.  It always happens at every faire so I know it's just a feeling.  Perhaps that's why we keep going back.

Please tell your daughter that we enjoyed the improv as well.  It's something we enjoy doing and can appreciate it when it's done well.

Please stay in touch and I hope to see you agian.

BTW, Byrnes Pub was a disapointment.  The only food was pizza and subs and we were ready for a MEAL.  A friend who lives in Columbus took us all to a great place called "Bucket O' Nails"  where we had a great dinner outside on the patio.  I saw someone setting up for entertainment at Byrnes but I'm sure they didn't start until later and we had a long drive.

Talk to you soon.
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

Ambios

Understood...that's always the worst part about a faire ending...."we didn't get to spend enough time with..." ...regardless of whether we're visiting OR have been doing cast for 7 weeks plus rehearsal time.

I'll pass along your compliments to Minstrelry...glad you enjoyed!

Sorry about Byrnes...we've actually never been there either - were relying on our various Columbus connections.  Glad you found "Bucket O' Nails" though!

We'll keep in touch!
William Parr, KG
Marquess of Northampton
7th Earl of Essex
RMG# 520
IBRSC# 1214
God Save My Sis...(oops) The Queen

Terry Griffith

One last faire for the Irish Troubadour.  This was a great road trip last year for the rennies.  The Ohio State University Renaissance and Medieval Faire on May 1st in Columbus, Oh.  Find all the information at http://cmrf.org.ohio-state.edu/
The faire starts at 11:00 on Saturday.  Its right on the OSU campus in the middle of Columbus.  We had a great time last year.  Dinner after at the Ole Bag Of Nails.
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

Lady Celynn

Guess we're going to have to miss it this year.  We will be at the Georgia Ren Faire that weekend.  Hope everyone has a great time.

Charity Morgan

Several of us will be heading up to OSU and are excited to be able to see Terry perform there. 
Charity Morgan ~ Morgans Bounty
Purveyor of questionably acquired treasures.

DuCoeur

Looking forward to this trip.

Had a great time last year. Look forward to seeing and playing with everyone.
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

Countess Westmorland

Recovered enough to finally post.  What a fun day!  So great to see so many people making the trip.  Terry really enjoyed the attentive audience, playing for the President of OSU ( who really seemed to be enjoying the music) and he really appreciated the tips, didn't even ask me for his change back!  That whole scene was hysterical. 
And loved dinner.  The Old Bag of Nails is a great, attentive place, even though we kept calling and changing the number of reservations and they still squeezed more in at the last minute.  Just to sit and hang with everyone afterwards was so relaxing and so much fun. 
And I have to say Aidan is the best little baby I have ever seen.  Such a cute, pleasant little fellow with so many Aunties.

Every year it gets to be more and more fun.  Hope to see everyone at the Harp on one of Terry's dates this month.  I will be celebrating on the 15th.  I managed to get through another year!
Hugs to all!
Jan
A little song, a little dance, a little rum down your pants!

Charity Morgan

Huzzah!  Incredible to see such a nice turnout!  Good times were had by all.  It was a lovely May Day indeed.
Charity Morgan ~ Morgans Bounty
Purveyor of questionably acquired treasures.