News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Cast members please read

Started by Professor M, March 16, 2009, 10:32:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor M

Saturday after the parade our new ED, John, asked me to spread the word about this year's cast.

John would like a proposal from each of us.  Describe your character and what you intend to do this season.  This applies even if you are doing the same thing as you've done in the past.

Email your proposal to: jblankenbehler@pittsburghrenfest.com

Please pass this along to any cast members you know who may not see read this forum.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

Terry Griffith

M, how aboot a note in FaceBook and tag people you know are on cast.  Many of them are on there.
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

Professor M

Thanks Terry.  I had thought of that.  No really!  But somewhere along the way I forgot about doing it.  I'm still oriented to this site when it comes to ren communications.  Next stop, FB...
~ C.S. Lewis

spodonnell

Is this applicable to musicians as well?

BLAKDUKE

Professor M

Since you appear to be a man with some standing at the faire, would inform the higher up that they have the worng dates on their website..   Labor day this year is the 5th,  6th and 7thnot aug 31 sept 1 and 2.  Those were 2008 dates. 
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

chriscat53

I am on Facebook but my daughters are not on this forum. What is the Pgh Faire under? How do I become a friend?

Professor M

Quote from: BLAKDUKE on March 19, 2009, 12:26:20 PM
Professor M

Since you appear to be a man with some standing at the faire, would inform the higher up that they have the worng dates on their website..   Labor day this year is the 5th,  6th and 7thnot aug 31 sept 1 and 2.  Those were 2008 dates. 
I notice the dates have been corrected.  Thank you, Blakduke.

I should correct your misconception.  I have no particular standing at the faire, other than being a devoted cast member.  I'm also currently underemployed, so I have more time to post messages than most.  I'm merely doing my small part to help out.
~ C.S. Lewis

Professor M

Quote from: chriscat53 on March 20, 2009, 11:01:38 AM
I am on Facebook but my daughters are not on this forum. What is the Pgh Faire under? How do I become a friend?
Chris, there is no official Facebook group, though there are some unofficial fan sites.

I simply posted the information as a note and tagged all of the cast members who are friends of mine.  I'm sure Katie got it.  I honestly can't remember if I tagged Josie or not.

You can email them a link to this web page.  They don't have to be members to read posts.  Or just cut and paste what I wrote from the initial message.
~ C.S. Lewis

BLAKDUKE

Quote from: Professor M on March 22, 2009, 10:02:53 PM
Quote from: BLAKDUKE on March 19, 2009, 12:26:20 PM
Professor M

I notice the dates have been corrected.  Thank you, Blakduke.

I should correct your misconception.  I have no particular standing at the faire, other than being a devoted cast member.  I'm also currently underemployed, so I have more time to post messages than most.  I'm merely doing my small part to help out.

MisConceived???  I????   Say tis not so, as evidenced by " other than being a devoted cast member "  This alone puts you at the top of the heap in my book.  However the dates that I was refering to were the dates in our faire directory which are still the old 2008 dates.  Mayhap a quick not to John would be in order.

Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

chriscat53

Or maybe it was supposed to be that he is often the only one "still standing at the Faire." lol

Professor M

Quote from: chriscat53 on March 23, 2009, 06:06:31 PM
Or maybe it was supposed to be that he is often the only one "still standing at the Faire." lol

Hehe.  That alone may be an achievement.   ;D

From what I'm hearing today, the dates are being moved back one week.  It looks like we'll be opening on Aug 29 and ending Oct 4.  The vendors have been notified, so that's pretty solid information.
~ C.S. Lewis

Terry Griffith

Funny how some rumours can be half true.

Kip

Quote from: Terry Griffith on March 23, 2009, 09:33:27 PM
well I heard that M will be checking the prithees to make sure no one uses the purse holders.

Terry Griffith

Quote from: Kip on April 08, 2009, 01:22:46 AM
Quote from: Terry Griffith on March 23, 2009, 09:33:27 PM
well I heard that M will be checking the prithees to make sure no one uses the purse holders.
[/quote

Well, M?  We're all waiting.]