News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Final Weekend Tea with our Queen

Started by Anna Iram, March 23, 2009, 02:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Iram

RF'ers, who will join me in a last Huzzah Tea with the Queen on Sunday of closing weekend? I've not had the chance yet and I'd love to see all our smiling faces around the tea... or "tea"  ;) .... tables to send off our season with style.

What say you?

Ambios

And Ambios (Lord Northampton) will most likely sing for you.....

Then again...hope that doesn't scare anyone away!   ;)

William Parr, KG
Marquess of Northampton
7th Earl of Essex
RMG# 520
IBRSC# 1214
God Save My Sis...(oops) The Queen

Anna Iram

Is that the part of tea where we get to sing along?  :) :) 

..hey, you all said you wanted to make tea more interactive.... ;D

Ambios

You can bet on it.  We've been having fun with me teaching refrains to the attendees!  Will give some thought to what I'm going to sing...but not going to let it out of the bag in advance.  Any suggestions for me to "take under consideration"?
William Parr, KG
Marquess of Northampton
7th Earl of Essex
RMG# 520
IBRSC# 1214

Sir LJ

Quote from: Ambios on March 24, 2009, 09:11:51 AM
You can bet on it.  We've been having fun with me teaching refrains to the attendees!  Will give some thought to what I'm going to sing...but not going to let it out of the bag in advance.  Any suggestions for me to "take under consideration"?

FREEBIRD!!

Sorry just had to do that!!
Semper Fi,

Sir LJ

The Red Horseman / Marine'n M'Crack

Anna Iram

Ambios

I KNEW I was going to get interesting suggestions...... ;D
William Parr, KG
Marquess of Northampton
7th Earl of Essex
RMG# 520
IBRSC# 1214

Caligo

Ambios

Quote from: Caligo on March 24, 2009, 02:37:39 PM
March of Cambreadth?

I will admit to never having heard that until you introduced me to it, and I then called it up on the web.  I like it well, but must say it's a bit bloody ('tis a war song afterall) for Queen's Tea.  I may have to commit it to memory though...ye might here me singing it someday while walking about with Her Majesty!
William Parr, KG
Marquess of Northampton
7th Earl of Essex
RMG# 520
IBRSC# 1214

Welsh Wench

Quote from: Lord Jarhead on March 24, 2009, 09:48:06 AM
Quote from: Ambios on March 24, 2009, 09:11:51 AM

FREEBIRD!!

Sorry just had to do that!!

Only if you get Porter and Stout there...... ;)
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Mmketeer

Quote from: Ambios on March 23, 2009, 05:02:43 PM
And Ambios (Lord Northampton) will most likely sing for you.....

Then again...hope that doesn't scare anyone away!   ;)

On the contrary, I heard your beautiful voice a few weekends ago at Queens Tea and though the song was sad your voice was rich and clear. I highly reccomend your singing for all to hear. :)
Mmketeer

Ambios

<blushes!>  Grammercy, Mmketeer...I remember seeing you and your mum near the head table!  Glad you enjoyed....thankee for the stro... ::)...er...
compliments!  :D
William Parr, KG
Marquess of Northampton
7th Earl of Essex
RMG# 520
IBRSC# 1214

Count Adolfo

Well, I can write us a Ren-version of whatever song you may like to sing, Brother Ambios!!!

Ambios

I've got a lot of "choices" stored in my head already  8), but I'll DEFINITELY keep that in mind.  I'm no stranger to singing at Tea...or anywhere else, for that matter.  Madge and I even did an impromptu "Captain and the Queen"  ::) songset up by front gate this past weekend when one of the scheduled musicians didn't show up for his slot.
William Parr, KG
Marquess of Northampton
7th Earl of Essex
RMG# 520
IBRSC# 1214

Count Adolfo

sounds like it was fun!
wish I'd seen it