News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

In memory of Dirk

Started by anne of oaktower, February 07, 2009, 03:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charity Morgan

The Kennywood movie ADVENTURELAND is out and Dirk was filmed in 3 outfits of clothing (look for his hair!!)... if any of you see the movie and notice him will you email me and let me know the scenes?  Since he passed away I am not in contact with his agent so I don't know if his scenes made it in or not.  Thanx.
Kharla
Charity Morgan ~ Morgans Bounty
Purveyor of questionably acquired treasures.

Scotsman

Just a heads up, Lady Guinness and I got the new Renaissance Festival magazine with Dirk's memorial ad in it. Charity I got your copy. If anyone else would like a copy please let me or Black Fox know. We will both be going to GLMF and will happily bring it to you.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Captain Fortune

Can you save one for me as well Scotsman. As of right now I will be there to open GLMF.

Thanks and can't wait to see you guys.

Wind in your sails.
A Pirate's Life for Me.

Charity Morgan

Greetings Cousins!
     It is four months since Dirk's passing.  Wanted to mention a few things... huge appreciation being foremost for everything that you as my family have done to honor and remember him. 
     Porter and Stout have released their new CD with a dedication to the memory of Dirk.  You can obviously obtain it online at their website www.porterstout.com or buy it directly from Jenny at GLMF or at our home faire.  I will also keep a supply at the booth.  This one is Dreadnaughts & Derelicts and has several wonderful traditional tracks!
    Also, great thanks to Scotsman and Black Fox for the memorial in Renaissance Festival magazine!
    As for a memorial service... Dirk had talked with me about what he wanted and we will be holding a full traditional viking ship burning ceremony at Pennsic War complete with bards and mead and a Kingdom wide feast.  Anyone attending Pennsic please be sure to join us!  Also, I will be talking further  about a memorial at Pittsburgh Ren Fest which will also include honor and tribute for our beloved Ric Bertolo who passed away last week following a motorcycle accident. 

metalcelt

The pic inside the CD is a great pic of Dirk. Due to a slight problem with the folks who make the CD's I have in my hands two extra copies of the CD jackets. The CD's don't work, but if you want a copy of the pic of Dirk I will happily pass it along to you.

Charity Morgan

Just back from Pennsic war where we held the memorial wake that Dirk requested.  I know that many of you wished you could be there and in spirit you were.  It was an incredible evening at the royal encampment with several of his war band, his favorite Baron, Their Majesties, Their Highnesses, lots of friends and war family, his son, and incredibly his consort Lady K who braved the war and encampment like the best of them.  Dirk made his own mead for the occasion and a display of some of his viking items and photos were available during the wonderful feast.  Then (a separate evening... too much drinking for one night!) his ashes, shield and other tokens were included in a traditional viking ship burning on the lake which was then completed fully to ash on a campfire surrounded by bardic tales.  Vivat and Huzzah, Ulfr hinn svarti Juzki, Sir Wulf, King Charming. 
Yours in Service,
Charity Morgan
Widow Wulf
Kharla

Rellspire

I want to start out by giving my sympathy to everyone that knew him.  I personally did not.  I mean I recognized him to see him, and spent the last how many years at fair trying to get a decent picture of him.  It was like he always knew when I was trying to take a picture and turned his head at the last second, that or something went wrong with the camera.  It had actually turned into a joke between my friend and I, to us he was the knight you couldn't take pictures of.  Haha I think I even saw him last year at Waldameer Park.  But until I described him as the Picture Impossible knight she had no clue who I was talking about.  It was I think more fun TRYING to get a picture than if I'd actually succeeded. I'm saddened that the game won't continue this year. He was one of the constants of the faire.  One of the guys that as soon as you saw him you knew that you were home.   He will be greatly missed, both by those that knew him, and even by some that didn't :'(
Don't make me get my whip!