YeOldeRF

Author Topic: Blow the dust away...  (Read 3011 times)

Offline anne of oaktower

• R/F.com Member
  • Royal Protector of Chipmunks
Blow the dust away...
« on: September 13, 2015, 12:38:22 AM »
*Stumbles into the once lively stone cottage/pub (see Housewarming Party thread), and shakes her head at the amount of dust that has gathered on the tables and benches, and in every nook and cranny. Listens to the scampering of tiny feet as various small critters scatter in fear from the now unfamiliar human presence in this long-forgotten place.*

Much time has surely passed since we have set foot in these halls. I think I'll brush the dust from a bench in the corner, have a seat, and reminisce for a bit. Perhaps one or two old friends will see the light in the window and drop by for a visit.
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

Offline anne of oaktower

• R/F.com Member
  • Royal Protector of Chipmunks
Re: Blow the dust away...
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 11:20:03 PM »
*Stretches and yawns, then begins sneezing profusely...*

Oh my! I must have fallen asleep waiting for the others to arrive. I wonder what day it is? Or, perhaps more appropriately, judging by the layer of dust now settled upon my lap, what *year* it is? Well, I suppose I should get up and see if I can get the fire going again, open the doors and windows and sweep out these old cobwebs...perhaps go fetch a few pails of water from the creek and see if I can clean some of these tables so they'll be suitable for the feast that is sure to come when everyone finally finds their way here. So much to do!

*Wanders off in search of the broom, whistling a merry tune*

(Lest any should desire to take a stroll down memory lane, here is the Housewarming Party thread:
http://www.renaissancefestival.com/forums/index.php/topic,208.0.html )
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 05:04:06 PM by anne of oaktower »
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

Offline Laird Fraser of Lovatt

• Legendary R/F.com Member
  • The more the mischef, the better the sport...
Re: Blow the dust away...
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 06:13:49 AM »
I went to the very first Ren Faire in Pittsburgh...it must've been 1985 or 86, when it was held down in Oakland, in Schenley Park...at the base of "The Hill" if I remember correctly.

God...now i feel old.... :(
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Web hosting provided by www.RangeHosting.us
YeOldeRF