News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Need help planning my engagement

Started by Ticktanic, March 23, 2009, 06:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ticktanic

Greetings and salutations!  Newbie to the forum here, but I am looking for info from anyone that can help me out.  I'm planning/scheming to arrange to propose to my girlfriend at the Festival coming up in May.  Any thoughts or ideas on how best to do this?  (on stage of some kind would be preferred.)  Many thanks in advance!

Pinn

Pub Sing at the end of the day?? As long as the performers and management dont mind?
I.P.B.
IWG# 3681
Ette
ROL #101
FOKTOP

reese

Perhaps you can speak with the Court Guild managers and conspire something with the Queen or something there. 

It's advisable to be 100% sure she'd say yes anyway, and not that she'd feel put on the spot and feel obligated to say yes before you really do a public proposal.  Just saying. 

Reese

Master James

I am the Court GM and I think that would be a PERFECT way to do it!  If you are interested, you can PM me and we'll work out the details!
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

lordwriothsley

Reese I love the way your mind works. And I do agree with you and Master James both that proposing at court would be a an excellent idea.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

LadyDracolich

I agree!! Proposing at court sounds fabulous!  I hope she says yes! ;)  Good luck!
I don't know what you've heard, none of it is factual, but it's all true.

Benedict Browne

And then there is always the Labyrinth. The two of you taking the first steps of your new journey into the labyrinth, you propose at the center, maybe to the gentle sounds of recorders nearby, and then exit on to Court for the formal announcement, complete with Trumpet fanfare.

I guess it depends on how public you want the actual proposal to be.

Just some thoughts.

Cheers
Scott McD.

(Master Benedict Browne - Sgt. Trumpeter)

lordwriothsley

Quote from: Benedict Browne on March 31, 2009, 11:14:06 AM
And then there is always the Labyrinth. The two of you taking the first steps of your new journey into the labyrinth, you propose at the center, maybe to the gentle sounds of recorders nearby, and then exit on to Court for the formal announcement, complete with Trumpet fanfare.

Just some thoughts.

Cheers
Excellent idea Scott. Trumpet fanfare and all would be an excellent idea for the happy couple.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Quote from: Benedict Browne on March 31, 2009, 11:14:06 AM

Just some thoughts.

Cheers
That is a GREAT idea, hope to be there to wittness this wonderful occassion. Do you have a date in mind?
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Feline Groovy

See, here everyone's being all mushy and romantic. What was the first thing that came to my damaged little mind for this?  COURT OF LOVE!!!  Muahahahaha!!!
Where was I going and how do I get there?

reese

OH, OH Master B. I LOVE that idea.  Perhaps one of our "new" musicians can be sitting on the bench in the shade and playing their "romantic" music quietly whilst they stroll through the labyrinth and such...this way it's a private proposal *just in case*, yet very romantic like...then off to Court for the fan-faire  announcement if she says yes. 

FG...I wouldn't have thought of the Court of Love (I'm not a huge fan of it, but I must admit I've only seen bits and pieces of it here and there), but it's another option if a public proposal is wanted, with a twist of humor.   

troubadude

If they come the days I'm there, I should have my lute. . .   
Doesn't get much more romantic than that!
   ;)
if music be the food of love, play on!

lordwriothsley

I agree with you there troubadude. Nothing says romance more than a lute does my friend.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"