News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Queen's Royal Garden

Started by Queen Bonnie, May 16, 2008, 12:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C Dragonworks

I hope to be sharing it with you in the fall!!! I see the artichoke is ready to be harvested again! Looks like 2 this time. They are so much better fresh! Well gotta run for now...morning comes early! Cat

Queen Bonnie

OOOH! Fresh artichokes! Envy!
I am hoping for fall too!
Right now I can't plan too far ahead!
Love, Bonnie
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

C Dragonworks

The corn and beans are up! We replanted the areas that did not come up... the weather has been a challenge this year! I have so many veggies up and growing... can't wait to have food! The roses are beyond gorgeous... this year they are just fabulous! That hard manic rain knocked a lot of my fruit off the trees...GRRRRR! Seems not to have hurt the citrus though! AHHH Well we needed the water!!! Well back to it!

Queen Bonnie

I have a heron visiting my water garden and eating my fish. I just put down bird netting- but the hardware store did not have quite enough. drat. I hope it and the bb gun helps discourage the heron from visiting my pond. The city pond is nearby and full of boring fish and bigger. It could go there instead of eating my koi and fancy goldfish that are my pets!
My corn and cukes are up and roses are looking great. The Confederate jasmine is blooming and the gardenias have lots of buds! My  citrus trees are blooming and looking good. Mulberries are ripening- and I need to check on my Dewberries! Busy time here too!
Wingardium Leviosa!

Lady Ashly

I brought pictures for you my Queen!

"I love thee, I love but thee with a love that shall not die till the sun grows cold and the stars grow old."

Queen Bonnie

OOOH! I LOVE the pictures! Well done Lady Ashlyn! What is the  yellow rose? All are so beautiful! Your garden is awesome!
Wingardium Leviosa!

C Dragonworks

The rose looks like it may be a Granada...or it could be Bengal Tiger.... I have a bunch of roses that are coloured like that.... LOVELY! I also love the Albutalon in the one pic! GORGEOUS! I need to take pic of my gardens for you Bonnie! But here is a pic of the Artichoke Violleta. Enjoy!

Anyway! Got in a dozen bearded Iris rhizomes today... Now I just have to wait for them to take off and grow!!!! Cat

Queen Bonnie

Great looking artichoke! I had one for supper last PM. Yummy! Yours is doing great!
Wingardium Leviosa!

C Dragonworks

OHHH I got the first red and yellow tomatoes a few days ago. The brandywines and the other heirlooms are loaded as are the "normal" plants. I got the first Japanese Eggplant today! YUMMMMMMY. I have been waiting for the food to come in! Hope this nice weather lasts... it was cool and we had small rain storms off and on all day! Means I don't have to water!!! Cat

Queen Bonnie

My cherry tomatoes are ripe and yummy and the heirlooms are getting there.
I had my neighbor help me in my side garden. We cut tree limbs that shaded too much and hung over the driveway. it is looking great.
I uncovered the stepping stones buried in mulch and transplanted Brugmansias and datura and Paraguay nightshade. All poisonous plants- but I like them.
Now that faire is over I will have more time in the garden.
Wingardium Leviosa!

dbaldock

My Mom brought me some Sweet Potatoes at the beginning of May, when they were passing through on their Spring migration from south Texas to Minnesota.

We ate a couple, and one sat on my counter until it began sprouting.  Sometime last week, I cut off the end that was sprouting and planted it in a flower pot on the front porch of my apartment.  Some of the sprouts already have leaves.  The vine(s) should grow across the porch railing, but the pot isn't very big --- so I'm not expecting a big harvest.   ;)

After it grows a bit more, I'll post some pictures.

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Poco the Pirate

I'm moving from Minnesota to Colorado next week and my mom is letting me try my hand at transplanting some of her garden on CO.  I'm not quite sure what will all grow but does anyone know if rhubarb grows out there?
You never know when a leperon might attack

dbaldock

It probably will ... I know we had it growing around a lake house in western Idaho during the 1960's.  That area got 3 or 4 feet of snow during the Winters, so it survives in cold weather.  ;)

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Poco the Pirate

You never know when a leperon might attack

C Dragonworks

Well the corn is tasseling...and we are getting peppers now! Still need to plant the trees and shrubs that are ready! UGGHH never get done!