News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Queen's Royal Garden

Started by Queen Bonnie, May 16, 2008, 12:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alphonse

I am unsure when next I will be in Texas but should I find my way out there again, I will be sure to bring a few dogwoods with me! ;D

Queen Bonnie

Oh! It would be wonderful if you could come to Tx Alphonse!
The poor dogwoods would probably burn up in this heat- but they sure are beautiful!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Alphonse

I am hoping to one day make it there to faire,hopefully soon. Dogwoods come in two varieties pink and white, you'll have to tell me which you prefer, if I can get them past homeland security and on the plane,lol!

Queen Bonnie

OOOH! I love pink dogwood It would be wonderous to have you at a Texas faire!  Never enough wizards here!
It is SO hot and dry here- supposed to be 102 today. Kind of like putting my plants on an oven set on broil!
Trying to keep a few things alive.!
Wingardium Leviosa!

Alphonse

Yep the heat of summer is already upon us here, I have been out watering most every day, myself.I must confess that I do not do well in the heat, If I make it out that way for a faire it would likely have to be in winter in Texas. Do they have faire there in winter?

Queen Bonnie

TRF ends in November- Thanksgiving weekend. It has been cold for the past 2 years.
It is sometimes cold for Scarby opening in April2 years ago it snowed!!!.
There is a new faire 20 minutes from me in Paige TX that opens next year the end of Feb- the first weekend in April! That should be cool.I am performing there!
Right not the temps have been in the 90's or worse for weeks! No rain. It is hard keeping plants alive. I water every AM and usually have to in the evening too.
Wingardium Leviosa!

Alphonse

Indeed then, that being the case a visit maybe in order. I have a sister who lives in Irving that has been on me for years about visiting out that way. We will have to see what fortune brings my way, but I would like to visit some of the Texas faires as well you my friend. Faires are always more fun when one has the company of a wizard to enjoy it with  ;D

Queen Bonnie

I agree! you are more than welcome here my friend!
Wingardium Leviosa!

C Dragonworks

Man hot just does not do it justice. We have cracks forming you can lose a cat in! I want rain... a hurricane would actually be a good thing!

Queen Bonnie

I bring in veggies from the garden- already cooked! LOL! Stewed tomatoes anyone? When will it end?
I want rain- or even an end to this awful heat would be nice. Even the weeds are croaking!
Wingardium Leviosa!

C Dragonworks

Yeah I understand the stewed tomatoes problem well! That and the darned cotton rats taking bites out of them!>>>GRRRR

Queen Bonnie

With no rain and temps over 100 degrees here- I have fried tomatoes. And the plants are fried too. Sad to see! The trees are losing leaves. It looks like fall. Garden club tomorrow. I guess we will all be commiserating about this heat and drought.
Wingardium Leviosa!

dbaldock

I've got a question about my Sweet Potato Vine.  Some of the leaves have turned a bit brown, and I'm not sure if it's too much or too little water.  What do you think?

Thanks,
David Baldock

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Queen Bonnie

They like water. It could be the heat- too much sun and check for spider mites too! Wow! It has grown!
Wingardium Leviosa!

indigocenter

Hmmm...I have one starting upon my countertop!  No water...lol
Lady Roselynn of McDade, Purveyor of Potions