News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

how bad will the economy hurt sterling and all fairs/festivals

Started by duffy, March 25, 2009, 02:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALS

Quoteput the change from your pocket in a jug, and leave it there.

This is actually the most common method of saving money in America, the olde " penny jar".

robert of armstrong

This mode of saving is made easier here in Canada because, as some of you might not know, we don't have $1 bills here.  We use $1 coins.  We have $2 coins as well.  Our bills start at $5.

Before I put my weary head on my nice soft pillow, all the change I have from the day goes in the jug.  I don't look at what I'm putting in there, as I don't want to be tempted to keep a $2 coin out to get a coffee in the morning.  That $2 is for saving for the Faire, not for coffee.

You Yanks (spoken lovingly, rest assured) can adapt this by taking your change from the day, putting it in the jug, and all your $1 bills from the day and putting them in a box or an envelope.  Tomorrow you start fresh with nothing smaller than a $5 in your pocket and the cycle continues.
Always on the lookout for my next noble cause.

And because a flail don't need reloading, that's why.

Ozium

Didn't think about that Robert. A jar of loonies and toonies would add up fast and be
realy nice for some extra faire spending or whatever. You just have to not look and
stay out of the jar.
Home Faire:Sterling
Clan O'Doinn-Irish Penny Brigade (New York)
Carpenter of the good ship Medusa.
Foktop Knight
Clan Vogdis

Scribe_Wear

we got $1 coins and what not too i get them from places all the time here and i thought your canadian bills started at $2 or did they stop making them
Destroying rainforest for economic gain is like burning a Renaissance painting to cook a meal.

robert of armstrong

Wow, that's an old bill.

Here are the coins:

The ones on the bottom are $1 coins and came out first, and have a loon on them, and so picked up the nick name "loonies".  The ones on the top came out a few years later and are $2 coins, and pick up "twoonies".

At any rate, we are getting off topic.  The long and the short of it is that we all need to find a way to save a little extra coin to take to the Faire, support those that provide us with such an awesome venue and good food and drink, and wonderful products to buy.
Always on the lookout for my next noble cause.

And because a flail don't need reloading, that's why.

Sir Martin

Quote from: robert of armstrong on April 17, 2009, 12:45:33 AM
You Yanks (spoken lovingly, rest assured) can adapt this by taking your change from the day, putting it in the jug, and all your $1 bills from the day and putting them in a box or an envelope.  Tomorrow you start fresh with nothing smaller than a $5 in your pocket and the cycle continues.
An excellent strategy and one I have used for several years.  Put your change away and ignore it until you are ready to count it up for your favorite fair's opening gate.  I have heard wonderous reports of fun and fantasy at Sterling and I hope to visit some day.

You might be surprised at how well you do this year.  The economy was a factor last season and many vendors and performers were concerned that it would have a negative impact on attendance at TRF.  Well ... we had some of the most glorious weather in the fair's history and a record turnout of over 400,000 patrons!  Looks like the weather was a more important factor than the economy.

Sir Douglas of Waterbury

Remember people there are early bird special ticket prices for a few more weeks ON LINE at our web site sterlingfestival.com. Take advantage now! This helps you and helps the festival with opening expenses. Thank you for your support!

SterlingFan

Home Faire: Sterling Renaissance Festival

"I know I'm in my own little world, but it's ok, they know me here !"

irish

We are going to get our tickets for Faire, online.
We wont be able to come every weekend, but will be there at least 3 times this season.
Good to see you again, Sir Douglas! Hope all is going well and if you need help....yell!!!
irish ;D
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Sir Douglas of Waterbury

Good day all just a friendly reminder that ONLY 2 weeks remain (MAY 31st) to take advantage of the Queens early bird special DISCOUNT ticket pricing at our on line ticket center as part of the www.sterlingfestival.com web site. Act now and SAVE money and SAVE time no lines immediate entry with your on line ticket. This also helps the fair with opening expenses, thank you for your continued support! Also in a continuing effort to bring you new and exciting world class entertainment check out our new event "The STERLING CELTIC ROCK FEST" Aug 22,23 2009.

Aaroncois

I look forward to the food at the Faire, but my kids are pretty picky so we tend to bring food for them. It's no fun to drop $10 on pizza that they won't eat because it's not the specific brand that they insist on.  :)

I suspect that I more than make up the difference by myself, however.  ;D

Carl Heinz

RPFS attendance was up over 4%.  I suspect booth sales were off, though.
Carl Heinz
Guild of St Cuthbert