News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Movies to sew by?

Started by sealion, March 25, 2009, 03:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sealion

What movies do you like to have going while you are sewing?

I started this morning with Kingdom of Heaven then Dangerous Beauty. I just put in Narnia. I'll probably make it through the POTC trilogy before I finish all the hand sewing for my current project. LOL
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

Taffy Saltwater

Depends on the project.  Pirate queen - POTC, of course.  Snape garb - the Harry Potters.   Italian (need to finish my pearled Juliet cap) - Romeo & Juliet or Dangerous Beauty.  I like my themes, can you tell?  Or the Elizabeths, Anne of a Thousand Days, Mary Queen of Scots.  Stardust, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Howl's Moving Castle, or Wild, Wild West to commence my steampunk self.  Movies & sewing go together like biscotti & coffee.
Sveethot!

Lorraine

It's the wrong period, but we just rented The Dutchess, and the costumes in that are wonderful.

Adriana Rose

I dont sew by movies other wise I jab needles in my hands.. so I rock out!

Today I had
Enter the Haggis
The Young Dubliners
Great Big Sea
Glengarry Bhoys
Whirly Jig
The Elders

oh and
U2
                   hmm I sense a pattern here

sealion

The tv in my craft room died halfway through Narnia so I turned the radio on to the oldies station. Right now Bad, Bad Leroy Brown is playing! LOL (When I "watch" movies they are ones I've seen a million times so I am mostly just listening.)

Athena

Shakespeare in Love, A Knight's Tale, Ever After.

When friends of mine had a couple of sewing gatherings, we listened to lots of music and put the above movies on. Music, movies, yummy food, and beer make a fabulous sewing party!
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Ignia

Quote from: Athena on March 25, 2009, 07:24:18 PM
Shakespeare in Love, A Knight's Tale, Ever After.

- I second that notion! I've never seen Shakespeare in Love, but if you haven't seen the other two, they're a couple of my favorite movies.

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Doing Period Clothing requires Period themed movies.....

Tudor/Elizabethan

ELIZABETH R
THE SIX WIVES OF HENRY VIII
ELIZABETH: THE GOLDEN AGE

18th Century

THE DUCHESS
THE LIBERTINE
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN series
AMADEUS

Edwardian

TITANIC
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Taffy Saltwater

Lady K, you know the Libertine?!  I love this movie and feel like we belong to a relatively small club who know & love John Wilmot, the Earl of Rochester.  Did you ever read any of his poetry - that'll bring a blush even to the cheek of the most debauched hussy.
Sveethot!

Lady L

I don't watch movies when I sew. I like to listen to music, though. Mostly the oldies station,  some faire music,  Marvin Gaye or my friend singing. He has a great voice. ;D
Former Shop Owner at MNRF

gem

See, those are movies that retty much guarantee that I *won't* get any stitching/sewing done!  Way too much eye candy!  I need something where I never have to look up at the screen... and "Shakespeare in Love," for one, is way too distracting with the costumes....

DragonWing

I can't watch tv and sew, I prefer listening to music. Classical, light jaz or life style (new age music)
Dragon rider and mage,
(aka Vince)

Taffy Saltwater

I don't actually watch - they're more of a soundtrack for me.  I pop my head up if a favorite scene is on & then back to the salt mines.
Sveethot!

sealion

Quote from: Taffy Saltwater on March 26, 2009, 09:01:58 AM
I don't actually watch - they're more of a soundtrack for me.  I pop my head up if a favorite scene is on & then back to the salt mines.

Exactly! LOL
I was meaning movies you "watch" more to keep you compmay while you are working, not neccessarily as costume inspiration.

callalilly

I listen to Renradio when I sew!