News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Snow!

Started by Zoë, March 26, 2009, 02:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoë

To everyone who's getting major snow right now (which is like everyone in the state!), be careful on the roads if you have to be on them!  Stay warm and dream of warmer climes!

We have about 8-9 inches here in Greeley, the snow is coming in sideways at the moment.  UNC shut down at 12:30, and I am hoping it will remain closed tomorrow too.  I will post some pics of our dumpage here when I am feeling brave enough to stick my head out the door!
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Blushing

Be careful out there!  I'll be at work until everything is done, but we're aiming to finish as soon as possible.

And if you want to share photos or stories - at least in the Springs - go to www.gazette.com. The newspaper is collecting tales.
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

I'm just glad Toki and I both called in. At 5:30 am in Loveland we already had over an inch. It didn't look bad but being a Native I know this state all to well with it's Spring Dumps. So I called up my team and my work and said DO NOT GO IN. To top it off I was to drive to Boulder then Broomfield and be there all day. OYE made the right call as Interstate 36 from Boulder to Westminster was closed.

My boss wasn't to happy but hey, I'm tired of being to dedicated to a job that doesn''t respect me and have loyalty to me killing myself.

Stay warm!
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Toki Bloodaxe

One Great thing about snow days is that Lady Delaney and I get to spend some quality time together. We snuggle on the couch and watch the shows that we have tevoed all through the week. Also hot soup for lunch is really great. I am soooo glad that I didn't have to fight that commute to work this morning! Everyone else....stay safe, please , so that we can meet again at faire.

Zoë

This is what it looked like outside my apartment door at 1:30 this afternoon:

Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Blushing

Wow ... that's a lot of snow ... we have so much wind we have big drifts in Colorado Springs and ice, with packed snow on the roads, but I'm not sure what the actually inch count is.

I'm rather glad that I was able to leave work early!

I plan on taking photos tomorrow morning, especially if Pikes Peak peeks through the clouds early on.

Blushing

Still snowing, still blowing, and it will be sunset soon ... why can I hear birds outside my window?!

Zoë

It is still coming down here, though mostly it's just blowing around.  Not nearly as bad as it was this morning.  I don't know what our official inch total is here but I would wager it's probably over a foot, not counting the drifts.  I am crossing my fingers for a university closure tomorrow, but no promises...
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Saber

I flew in from Boise this morning (like 8 am) and we were the last flight in on United from that area of the country... now i just hope that it stops by sunday so i can fly out again

Tanda

Last I checked, we only had about 9 inches of snow. When I shoveled this afternoon, it was only about six inches.

I'm really glad I shoveled. It won't be so bad when I have to do it again tomorrow.

Also, I finished a sleeve for my new outfit. A whole sleeve! and then.....my needle broke. D'oh!
o/` I'm a little teapot...o/` No, I'm not, that would be silly. ::)

Zoë

Quote from: Saber on March 26, 2009, 09:49:41 PM
I flew in from Boise this morning (like 8 am) and we were the last flight in on United from that area of the country... now i just hope that it stops by sunday so i can fly out again

I wouldn't worry too much.  It's supposed to move out by tomorrow morning and then there's another small storm coming in on Monday, supposedly.  We'll see.
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Gotta love Colorado Spring snow storms. They hammer us hard for a day or two then melt away filling our streams with water.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Zoë

Which we desperately need, so I welcome it with open arms!  It's too bad some of the trees that have already flowered might get hurt, but that's the way it is in Colorado!
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Saber

Quote from: Lady de Laney on March 27, 2009, 08:48:21 AM
Gotta love Colorado Spring snow storms. They hammer us hard for a day or two then melt away filling our streams with water.

The other guy I am working with had his flight from denver to the springs canceled yesterday, he spent all day in the airport waiting to get home.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: Saber on March 27, 2009, 12:09:16 PM
Quote from: Lady de Laney on March 27, 2009, 08:48:21 AM

The other guy I am working with had his flight from denver to the springs canceled yesterday, he spent all day in the airport waiting to get home.
OH that bits.

I'm just glad I stayed home instead of making that commute to Boulder then down 36 to Broomfield. As it was the place I work at sent an email out for people to gom home as easly as they could. And today many people still are out. Both of my helpers didn't get in until 11 am and both where suppose to be in at 7:30. I made it to work at 7:30 with no issues, but being a native to the state I know when to go slow and be safe.
"The Metal Maiden"