News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Snow!

Started by Zoë, March 26, 2009, 02:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

And everything is greening up nicely... LOVE Green
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Mattrim

Saturday afternoon, while I was shoveling snow, while it was still snowing, I measured 22 inches average.  More in some spots in my yard, some less.  Castle Rock got burried!!

pktaxwench

Dear Colorado,

I just got back from three wonderful months in Florida and would like to see some serious snow.  The 1" we got in South Colorado Springs last weekend was embarassing.

Please give me a proper snowstorm.  I missed ski season, and I need my snow.  The white blanket on Pikes Peak is annoying me as it's as warm here as back home.

Kthxbai!

Blushing

I had about 6 inches near Garden of the Gods.  Woodland Park and Monument area also got buried.  And the peak is imapssable, but you could always hike up Barr Trail for some snowy sights!
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Zoë

I think the storm that hit us last weekend was really an issue of location more than anything else.  Some places got pounded and some got just rain.  Crazy weather!  We needed it though.  It's so green in Greeley now!
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Blushing

As for skiing, it's not over yet ...
Aspen Highlands: open through this weekend (April 25-26).
Echo Mountain: open weekends through May 3.
Loveland: closes May 3.
Arapahoe Basin: no announced closing date.

That's courtesy of the Out There section of Gazette.com.
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Demetrius

Got the shorts out! No snow, except way up there in the mountains. Temps in the 70's. The train to Winter Park through the Moffet tunnel has been sold (69 years in service). I'm ready for summer and soon all those ski places will be hiking places. Sweet.
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: Demetrius on April 22, 2009, 10:13:40 AM
I'm ready for summer and soon all those ski places will be hiking places. Sweet.

HUZZAH to that!
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Zoë

Yay!  I can't wait for hiking season.  I want to drag some friends out to the Maroon Bells again and hike from Maroon Bells to Crater Lake.  Did that a few years ago with some folk, it was fun.  Long drive to get there, but it's worth it!
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

kcdcchef

I'm ready for summer and soon all those ski places will be hiking places. Sweet

from those of us who are winter enthusiasts.................

BOO!!!!! HISS!!!!!

Demetrius

Quote from: kcdcchef on April 25, 2009, 08:18:23 PM

BOO!!!!! HISS!!!!!

Sounds more like you are a fan of melodrama...
"I can't pay the rent!"
"You must pay the rent!"
boooo!!!! hissss!!!!

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: kcdcchef on April 25, 2009, 08:18:23 PM

BOO!!!!! HISS!!!!!

YES But consider this... If it's winter, that means it's further away to faire season as Spring means it's getting closer to faire. SO for those of us who want Faire come winter is bad. ALSO In Colorado we can get snow in the middle of July. and even rain during faire. Have you been to CoRF when it's raining and cold out? NO FUN as you freeze your tush off and no one wants to be there and it gets very muddy. Sliding down the mountain also NOT FUN!

If you want snow go up to Trail Ridge in the middle of July

BOO HISSS to winter
:)
"The Metal Maiden"

kcdcchef

Quote from: Lady de Laney on April 26, 2009, 10:56:28 AM

YES But consider this... If it's winter, that means it's further away to faire season as Spring means it's getting closer to faire. SO for those of us who want Faire come winter is bad. ALSO In Colorado we can get snow in the middle of July. and even rain during faire. Have you been to CoRF when it's raining and cold out? NO FUN as you freeze your tush off and no one wants to be there and it gets very muddy. Sliding down the mountain also NOT FUN!

If you want snow go up to Trail Ridge in the middle of July

BOO HISSS to winter
:)
[/quote]

i actually enjoy both quite a lot actually. i hate summer and its heat with a passion, but also enjoy watching baseball and going to faire. but september through december is my prime, what can i say. i get to go to all of my favorite faires for 2-3 months, and then i get snow and cold. the best of both worlds all in 120 days, gotta love it.

Demetrius

It is important we all enjoy the same weather, otherwise some us will like this while others like that.

Om... mother nature... om...

Adriana Rose

Oh for peats sake enough with the fraking snow already!

I WANT RAIN NOT SNOW!!!!

* grumble*

its put down almost and inch!