News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Kansas City Renaissance Festival In the Snow??

Started by kcdcchef, March 27, 2009, 03:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch

...oh, and AmyJ, I'll insult you in PERSON at the Columbia Festival tomorrow!  Or maybe just buy you a cup of some beverage.  You're coming, right?

Amyj

Butch I'll be there!  He he he, let the Snaps begin!  :D  Dunno what kind of beverages they will have though...can't find any info no whether it's dry or not.  Hmmmm.  But as I get going...THE SUN IS OUT!!!!!!! Huzzah!!!! ;D
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

Butch

Amy, we left about 2:15, after 3 Pints Gone's set.  I was standing at the back.  The sailor in the blue thrum cap, brown frock, canvas trousers, orange stockings, and black shoes.  My son was also there in a dark green doublet with gold trim and mauve trousers.

Small faire.  I regret I missed you!  Not too many beverages at all.  No adult beverages.  I had a couple of cups of coffee from the end of the lane, and my son had a few glasses of "pirate punch".

I'll have to insult you at another time, HA!

Amyj

I think we may have just passed you...we got there around 2...Bill "announced" our arrival to their show (we are "The Rummies")!  Hope to get insulted by you in St. Louis in May perhaps! ;D
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

Butch

YES!  I did see you!  You and your husband(?) were wearing heavy wool cloaks.  I think Bill said something like "There goes the neighborhood, or there is the neighborhood!" when you two walked up.

How did you like it?  I posted something a small review on the "Smaller Midwest Faires" thread.

Sorry we didn't get to visit, and I was unable to insult you/buy you a cup of beverage.

kcdcchef

Quote from: Butch on October 18, 2009, 12:44:27 PM
YES!  I did see you!  You and your husband(?) were wearing heavy wool cloaks.  I think Bill said something like "There goes the neighborhood, or there is the neighborhood!" when you two walked up.

How did you like it?  I posted something a small review on the "Smaller Midwest Faires" thread.

Sorry we didn't get to visit, and I was unable to insult you/buy you a cup of beverage.

i think i recall meeting her at human chess, and failed to insult her!!! dangnubbit!! i will have to keep the insulting to my opinions on kansas!

Butch

Hey!  It's supposed to snow here in KC tomorrow!

kcdcchef

hey TKM, get over to canterbury and take some shots of the shire in the snow!!!!!!!

Butch

Bad day for it today!  Most of the KC area schools are closed (esp the KS side).  The high today is predicted to be 14, and the low tonight -4!  The wind is REALLY kicking too! 

kcdcchef

Quote from: Butch on December 09, 2009, 06:49:26 AM
Bad day for it today!  Most of the KC area schools are closed (esp the KS side).  The high today is predicted to be 14, and the low tonight -4!  The wind is REALLY kicking too! 

i emailed carrie out at the festival management office hoping she had some. and then michael strange, festival photographer. i just think it would be an awesome site to behold.

TKM

i plan to get some in a few weeks when i get back into town

kcdcchef

Quote from: TKM on December 12, 2009, 02:26:14 PM
i plan to get some in a few weeks when i get back into town

i have asked random others, but if you can come through for me home boy, more power to you!!

TKM

i'll try sometime in the coming week. ill be back in KC this saturday

Butch

And they're calling for snow Thurs and Fri!  Nothing on the ground right now (Tues, 22 Dec), but I'm thinking maybe by the weekend.  Good luck!

TKM

I just got back into town and have spent the past couple days playng in the snow for the first time this season. I really want to make it up there soon (not that i'm breaking my back to do a favor for you, but I think it would be a pretty sight as well)... who knows, maybe I'll get to it tomorrow morning. We'll see.