News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Nebraska Renaissance Faire-early May

Started by Bev the Bossy, March 27, 2009, 04:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bev the Bossy

I don't see a posting here yet, so I will make one.
The Nebraska Renaissance Faire is only  3 weeks away. It will be May 2-3.

http://www.festint.com/nebfaire/

"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." M. Gandhi

Bev the Bossy

The Nebraska Renaissance Faire will be here before we know it.

Here is hoping the weather is warm and the winds are few.

Knitting_Dragon

After the rains last year I hope we have no more 'lakes'. ;D
I also hope to be there... Now just to decide which garb to wear.
"It's only natural. Even if they aren't alive, you are. You care because you're alive--because you have a heart.""

Marcus of Ibelin

Quote from: Knitting_Dragon on April 14, 2009, 05:56:06 PM
After the rains last year I hope we have no more 'lakes'. ;D

I second that! 

My Lady and I both plan to be there a couple of hours each day.  ( we both work overnight and have to sleep at sometime!)
Be without Fear in the face of Your Enemy
Be Brave and Upright
Speak Truth
Safeguard the Helpless
That is Your Oath

Bev the Bossy

Hopefully next weekend will be dry.
I much prefer this site over any of the others the Nebraska Ren. Faire has been held at. The trees and the permanant structures are nice.   HUZZAH!!

Looking forward to seeing the pirate ship that was built last fall. We weren't able to do the Pirate Festival last September so didn't get to see how it was used.

Knitting_Dragon

Yes, lets hope for little to no rain. Though when has a little rain stopped some of us??
"It's only natural. Even if they aren't alive, you are. You care because you're alive--because you have a heart.""

jeremiah sullivan

Mud Pit when it does, but not at midwest ren faire, it has a 10ft wide concrete walkway all the way to the back

Bev the Bossy

Quote from: jeremiah sullivan on April 25, 2009, 11:16:39 AM
Mud Pit when it does, but not at midwest ren faire, it has a 10ft wide concrete walkway all the way to the back

Yeah, it is muddy when it rains...course that is how it was back in the 1500's.  ;)

Knitting_Dragon

Yup, mud does make it all seem even more authentic!

jeremiah sullivan

how many will pay to come into amud pit?

Bev the Bossy

Didn't mean for this thread to turn into a mudsling contest. (no pun intended!)

I happen to like the new site the Neb. Faire has found as a vendor. Just my personal preference.

It's just great we have choices and can enjoy the faires! :) :) :)

Which weekend is James Arthur? We might have a faire just about every weekend in May in  eastern Nebraska! Huzzah!!

Knitting_Dragon

Actually I do not like the site for the other faire. The walkway is congested and booths are crowded around it. It is only one walkway and they seen to keep the faire right on it. As if to move away from it and the faire vanishes. I will hopefully though be going to that faire to give it another chance. With all the moving around and new management and such there will be growing pains. Though, I hated the whole buying tickets to buy food. Is that done at any other faires???

jeremiah sullivan

No mud pit sling. they have planted 36 trees from 12' to 25' tall. some shade this year, next year more I hope. the vendors have to be back about ten feet for emergancy no both sides of walkway. There is a beer garden this year, more good times. Thanks for your ear time

Knitting_Dragon

Well there you go. Like I said, growing pains. I try to give places more then one chance. I do hope that it gets better. I still morn the loss of Iowa Western as a site.

Marcus of Ibelin

Looking forward to opening day!  Wont be there in my Crusader gear though.  Going Viking this weekend with Skjaldborg.
Be without Fear in the face of Your Enemy
Be Brave and Upright
Speak Truth
Safeguard the Helpless
That is Your Oath

Doc Tyma

If anyone is heading out on Sunday (either working or playing), I would love to meet up with you.  I may not be in garb yet (still working on some ideas), but would love to meet you all (always good to run with a like-minded group when you are new in town).  Send me a note or post here!  Hope to see you tomorrow!

Cheers!  Adam (Doc)
--
Doc Tyma (but Adam is fine, too ;-)
Devious little wandering professor of symbols and signs

Rowan MacD

Well, I just so happen to have a few,  and I do believe yer in at least one of them Sir Ian;D
The pics will be in the Faire Photo thread.....

~Rowen

P.S. you may recognize the 'Lake' in the back ground of my profile pic taken in front of the Forking Queens' tent at the 2008 Neb Ren Fair...Fortunately, this year was drier.  The Berry farm is much bigger than Scary acres, and it has TREES! Greg has done wonders with those stages he's building.

The Midwest fair is driving many improvments to the Scary acres site after it took over (planting grass, hiding the Halloween stuff better) and it is doing well for being in it's infancy.  Rest assured the Omaha Rennies will provide just as much encouragement for this one as the Neb Fair.  As long as they don't overlap I will be at both of them.   The more the merrier.
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Rowan MacD

Who will be at the fair? It's just a week away!  woot!   May 1st and 2nd. Hope somebody gets a bonfire going in the campgrounds  ;D

~Rowen MacD
IWG wench #3139 

Rowan MacD

Thanks to everyone who showed up and made this the best Nebraska Ren Faire yet! Big crowds, awesome acts (Sonic Sidhe Tribe was just ......Wow) and even Mother Nature cooperated with some truly glorious weather. We had a small shower on Sunday, but the Sun was back out 30 minutes later for the final shows. 
   I'm sunburned and looking forward to the Midwest faire in a couple weeks...
~Rowen MacD
IWG wench #3139