News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Sorting Unread Posts

Started by Escarlata, May 16, 2008, 03:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Escarlata

Does anyone know if there is a way to sort results on the "Show unread posts since last visit" page by Forum? Even major forum (ie Squires Tavern, US Midwest, John's Inn, etc.) would help.
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

DeadBishop

Unfortunately I haven't found a way to do that, Esc.  One of the best features of the old forum was the "active topics" option, and I miss it greatly.  However, if you notice the icon next to each area on the main screen, clicking it will show you the unread posts for just that area and not the whole board. 

R/F.com member since 2003

renfairephotog

Thanks for that tip DB. I miss the active topic option as well.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Tom

Also clicking on the "new" icon next to a thread you've already read will bring you to the first unread post in the thread so you don't have to go through pages of posts trying to figure out where you left off.
Thanks,

Tom

A.K.A. - Lady Serenas husband

Botch

:(  I too miss the "active since your last visit" link.   I have been sorting new threads in a favorites fold in my drop down bookmark thingy ... area ... place ...

It's a big forum and there's a LOT of stuff to go through but it's all totally worth it.  From the actual faire topics to sewing to mundane stuff.  a little bit of this, a little bit of that ...

Botch