News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Photos for passes

Started by captmarga, March 31, 2009, 08:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonata

I apologize for grumping at you, Capt Marga. I know you passed the info along as soon as you could, and you didn't deserve my snarking about it. I'm sorry :(

As it turns out, they had my pass printed after all! I never did get a confirmation of receipt on the photo I sent in... lol
Humans need fantasy to be human, to be the place where the fallen angel meets the rising ape. Terry Pratchett

*Teach*

[begin rant]
My experience with the passes was not pleasant at all
I had gotten my confirmation email, planned on just stopping in to pick up the pass and moving on with our day.
Nope... wasn't that easy.
The ones outside had no record of my pass or email or anything else. They also had absolutely no information to tell us on what happened. Even that would have been helpful, not just saying over and over that they dont know what happened. They needed someone in that booth with real info.
When I turned around and saw the line to go in through paper pass was out into the parking line I made my own decision to go in the picture side (where there was no line). Whoever that was did the right thing by letting us in... there would have been a hella scene out there had I been told to wait in another line.
When we went to go in, we found there was a huge line to get our picture taken. After standing in that line for 20 minutes or so a lady came by with a clipboard and we made an appointment at 3.
Coming back at three, there was still a line (shorter one at least) and so we waited. The Lovely Lady Trinn gave the snotty girl (someone needs to train her on customer relations) her information and had her picture taken, again there was no record of her in the database.
I went to take mine and somehow in those seconds between Trinn getting hers done and me stepping up to take mine my information appeared in the database and she only had to print out what I sent.
Seriously... both pictures were in the same email... how did one make it to the database and not the other?
This was all after having a seriously bad start to my day... I almost packed it in and went home but stayed because I had told people I would be at specific things (ok, and I wanted to show off the new coat).
Day 2... with the passes in hand went much smoother but something has to be done to fix that system. And to teach some customer service relations to camera girl.
[end rant]

After all that, my friends began cheering me back up with lots of beer... that made a much more fun time.

*and sipping the rum between beers helped too*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

Master Benjamin

After spending wed morning emailing photos (4 of them) to the office so we could pick up the passes at the gate, getting no reply as to wether they got the info, I called the office and they gave me two more email addresses to send them to on Thurs than called me on Fri to resend to yet other addresses. After messing with the pics for three days, different instructions and wasted time, got to the faire and only one of four was done with no record of the other three. Just glad that opening day the line was fairly short so everyone could get their passes fairly quickly. Thank god i have a patient family and everyone had fun this past weekend.
Scotsman, Reiver, Smuggler
***DOWN WITH TAXES***

midnightferret

I have no comments on the system, but a question:

I emailed my pic as per instructions, but I was one of the people whose pics the computer ate. My info WAS in the computer when they scanned my pass, though. I attempted to get my photo taken on Sat, but failed miserably at every turn.

If I re-send my photo to the address that was in the e-mail and on the website before I attend Scarby again, might my pass be printed and waiting for me when I return? Does anyone know?

Thanks! If no one knows on here, I may drop an email to the Scarby office. :)

captmarga

Sorry, I don't work in the office, I'm just a lackey at times (promos, Royal Guard). I do know they had camera problems on Sunday.  As for the database, the only info I can say is from what I observed working the computer at NTIF.  The ticket-buying and ticket-printing databases are separate entities.  They had to be updated and cross referenced to each other, but needed online access to do so.   Anytime you have two databases working, well, stuff gets mixed up (I know this from my own work).

I do suggest talking directly to the office.  I'm sure they are going to get a lot of calls today and tomorrow, so please do try and be patient with them.

Teach, I would pass along your concerns about the customer-service issue to the management as well.  She may not have realized she was rude, and might need a reminder. 

Capt Marga
Corp Capt Marga, Dame Den Mother, Scarborough Royal Guard.  Keeper of the Costume Closet.  Artist, Rennie, Etc, etc, etc