News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

An Update on my Nephew

Started by Count Adolfo, March 30, 2009, 05:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Count Adolfo

OK, many of you have been asking so I'll get the word out here...

First, for any of you who are wondering what I'm talking about... on Saturday, my nephews were playing with my son.  Falcone let my 7 year old nephew borrow a wooden cutlass and he was swinging it around under the special events tent while we waited out the rain.  While he was standing stationary and holding it thrust out, my 4 year old nephew ran into the point... eye first.

Yeah, he went down hard and was screaming and crying.
We took him to EMS and they couldn't even get him to open his eye.  He went to the ER and he has a scratched cornea.  He'll be ok in a few days.  It won't be comfortable but... he'll be ok.

I'd like to take a moment to thank all of you who helped out in dealing with the situation.  Some are not on here and I'll have to seek them out to thank them personally.

Our wondrous Queen, Madge Estes... tried to make him feel better...
members of her Court, others on cast... were most helpful and it's very much appreciated.

Latest update is this:
Doctor gave the lad numbing drops and took the eyepatch off.
He's in good spirits and we expect he'll want to come out to BARF on Sunday to get the day at Faire that he was robbed of...

Madge Estes

Huzzah!  Glad to hear he is doing well, and that it was nothing more serious.  Please make certain to find me so that he and I may have a few moments in better circumstances!
Live so your dreams recognize you.

Count Adolfo

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

I am so glad to hear he will be ok. 
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Celtic_Fae

Good to know he's doing better

Anna Iram

Ouch! I can imagine how much that hurt!

Glad to hear he'll be fine Count.  :)

Ambios

Very glad to hear that everything is turning out well!
William Parr, KG
Marquess of Northampton
7th Earl of Essex
RMG# 520
IBRSC# 1214
God Save My Sis...(oops) The Queen

Peddlin

Sounds terribly frightening for everyone, but I'm very happy with the outcome. It could have been so much worse.
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

Squire Mickey

Arrrrr. We needs get the lad a proper eye patch to me thinkin'

I'll work him up one fer this weekend. A proper tooled leather one
Mickey Flint, Esquire
First Mate, The Harbinger
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

MargaretheDietrich

I'm glad that he's better. I know that must have been terrifying.
Bring him to see the Spanish Ladies on Sunday (and you'll both get to see me in court garb!)

Count Adolfo

OK, another update
I was awoken this morn by my nephew climbing on top of me... eyepatch gone... big smile on his face... a big hug
(you know... there is no money in the world that makes one as rich as the love of one's friends and family)

he said he can't wait to come with me this coming weekend to Faire...

he'll be with me on Sunday... dressed as a knight

LadyDracolich

I'm so sorry to hear about his injury, but very happy to hear about his recovery!  I'm sure he'll have a fabulous time on Sunday!
I don't know what you've heard, none of it is factual, but it's all true.

Count Adolfo

we have such an abundance of amazing characters at BARF...

I am sure the lad will have a time he'll ne'er forget
(well, at least until he's 5)

Mmketeer

Good gracious, that must have really hurt!!  What a brave little knight.   I am so glad to hear he's doing well and I look forward to seeing him on Sunday. Battle wounds are sure fire chick magnets, so I hope he'll be able to ward them all off. <BG>
Mmketeer

Ambios

Quote from: Mmketeer on April 01, 2009, 02:23:03 PM
Good gracious, that must have really hurt!!  What a brave little knight.   I am so glad to hear he's doing well and I look forward to seeing him on Sunday. Battle wounds are sure fire chick magnets, so I hope he'll be able to ward them all off. <BG>
Aye, as if us older rogues don't have enough to contend with already in Falcone!  ;D Now we have TWO young ones to compete with on Sunday!  ;D
Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend!
William Parr, KG
Marquess of Northampton
7th Earl of Essex
RMG# 520
IBRSC# 1214
God Save My Sis...(oops) The Queen