News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New Site

Started by Benedict Browne, March 30, 2009, 06:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benedict Browne

The first weekend was a grand success, IMHO, despite the somewhat soggy conditions.  I was overjoyed walking around the site that is surrounded by trees, which hides the fact that there is civilization just on the ther side.

The grounds did get soggy, but that is to be expected in an area where red clay is the base.  The main thing is that despite the threat of rain, I felt like it was one of the better opening weekends.  People showed up ready to be entertained and to play.  There is a lot more room, and of course that will make a faire that has been packed into a smaller area for years, look sparse. But so much more room to grow!  The view from a distance looking at the sea of colorful tents was breathtaking. Much more photogenic than at the fairgrounds.

It was a great weekend and I'm looking forward to  this coming weekend to play some more!

See you all there!

Scott

Scott McD.

(Master Benedict Browne - Sgt. Trumpeter)