News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Swords that you would like a replica of

Started by DonaCatalina, March 31, 2009, 09:35:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chainshot

Yep I have to agree with you it IS crazy!  But the topic of the thread isn't for "Swords I could afford" but Swords that you would like a replica of LOL!

Michael of Galway

I would say The Sword Of Offering. It's hard to find a picture of it by itself. It's usually always pictured with the rest of the crown jewels.

Eric the Ugly

Quote from: L Dale Walter on May 01, 2009, 02:41:09 PM
3300 pounds for Stormbringer?  That's almost $5000!

I liked the series, back in the day, but that is crazy.

Summon Arioch. He might let you have the runesword for free. No telling what his alternative 'price' will be, though.  ;)

crazyrennie

Inigo Montoya's rapier from The Princess Bride-
although the Dangerous Beauty blades are quite choice as well-

DonaCatalina

Quote from: crazyrennie on June 11, 2009, 01:53:50 PM
Inigo Montoya's rapier from The Princess Bride-
although the Dangerous Beauty blades are quite choice as well-
Replica is made by Paul MacDonald. I'm not sure how to get ahold of one.
Paul Macdonald,
Macdonald Armouries,
Macdonald Academy of Arms
http://www.macdonaldarms.com/

Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

VIII

I can't find a picture of it on-line, but I own the Laurence Olivier sword from Hamlet in his death scene.
Former King Henry VIII
Renaissance Magazine Issue #66 Cover Boy

Eric the Ugly

Quote from: VIII on June 15, 2009, 03:08:41 PM
I can't find a picture of it on-line, but I own the Laurence Olivier sword from Hamlet in his death scene.

VIII,
The small, dish-hilted rapier used by both Hamlet and Laertes? The dish hilts on them look very much like small sword hilts and the blades are so thin to look like epees if I recall. (I should just fire up my Criterion Collection DVD of it.)
Sort of seen HERE and kindasorta HERE. Almost.

I'd rather have a replica of Jean Simmons myself. Rawr.

Cap'n Hunnar Graybeard

I'd like to have a replica of the sword carried by Etienne Navarre from Ladyhawke.

IPB Clan Chieftain - Clan Williams (Kansas)
Crew of The Bayou Scoundrel
Landshark #58

BLAKDUKE

Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

RSLeask

Not for faire, but if I ever started LARPing, I'd take a replica of Voltron's sword.   :o

If I was to do an actual custom job for faire, I'd rather something of my own design, than a replica of something.
What's a Grecian Urn?  Are we talking union, or non-union?

escherblacksmith

I'd like Navarre's helmet and double crossbow, myself . . . or Michelle Pfeiffer . . .
--

Cap'n Hunnar Graybeard

Quote from: escherblacksmith on June 18, 2009, 08:21:27 AM
I'd like Navarre's helmet and double crossbow, myself . . . or Michelle Pfeiffer . . .

Yes, those would be nice too (especially the last one).
IPB Clan Chieftain - Clan Williams (Kansas)
Crew of The Bayou Scoundrel
Landshark #58

VIII

Quote from: Eric the Ugly on June 15, 2009, 05:21:37 PM
The small, dish-hilted rapier used by both Hamlet and Laertes? The dish hilts on them look very much like small sword hilts and the blades are so thin to look like epees if I recall.
No, not the small swords, the one they place in his hands after he is dead, when they carry him to the top of the castle.
Former King Henry VIII
Renaissance Magazine Issue #66 Cover Boy

Eric the Ugly

Quote from: VIII on June 22, 2009, 11:11:24 AM
Quote from: Eric the Ugly on June 15, 2009, 05:21:37 PM
The small, dish-hilted rapier used by both Hamlet and Laertes? The dish hilts on them look very much like small sword hilts and the blades are so thin to look like epees if I recall.
No, not the small swords, the one they place in his hands after he is dead, when they carry him to the top of the castle.

Oh, ok.
I was going to take a screen cap from my DVD, but we never get a good look at it at all, really. Unless, of course, we assume it's the same sword the one soldier is holding before himself during Hamlet's death scene.

Khaalis

Quote from: Don_Juan_deCordoba on April 24, 2009, 03:56:51 PM

This is a very classic Side Sword. There is a replica almost exactly like this made by CAS Hanwei. The only difference is the extended "swept" crossguard (and no one really makes "gold" swords at least that are worth anything from a practical standpoint).  I own this sword as part of my collection, and it is a very nice indeed.

You can see info on it here: http://www.sword-buyers-guide.com/side-sword.html

Rogue, Merc and certified RenRat